Can anyone tell me what the deal is with honey and diabetics? Some people say that you can eat honey when you are diabetic, while others say that it is really, really bad for diabetics. So why can or can't diabetics consume honey? Can I have the story behind this please? Thank you in advance.

Honey falls into the category of nutritive sugars and contains fructose. Technically, diabetics can consume some honey and many do. But it is possible that eating honey will raise the blood sugar levels of someone with diabetes and they should limit the intake of honey. I hope that answers the question for you.

Hallo,
As you already know diabetics can’t eat everything and they need to have special diet in order to maintain their health in a way where diabetes won’t affect other parts of their body. If I am not mistaking those who say that you can use honey if you have diabetes are right, but this is only true if you use small amounts of honey. So you really can eat honey but in small quantities. Honey can replace sugar and the thing is that it is sweeter then granulated sugar. The thing is that honey contains many carbs and many calories so you have to be very careful when you eat honey. I hope this cleared your misunderstanding a bit.