Hi! I have problem with Atrial Fibrillation. What is treatment? Doctor told me that treatment of Atrial Fibrillation is very important. Why?

Hi! The goal of treatment AF is to reduce risk for stroke. During atrial fibrillation, the heart's two small upper chambers quiver instead of beating effectively. Blood isn't pumped completely out of them. Blood may pool and clot. If a piece of a blood clot in the atria leaves the heart and becomes lodged in an artery in the brain, a stroke results. Drugs are used to slow down rapid heart rate associated with AF. Anticoagulant and antiplatelet medications thin the blood and make it less prone to clotting. Electrical cardioversion may also be used to restore normal heart rhythm with an electric shock, when medication doesn't improve symptoms.
But, your doctor will chose best treatment for you. You must have right treatment!