Hello! Can somebody tell me something about infant sunburn? I have spent almost whole day today out with my 13 months old son and now his skin is somewhat pink and it is warm on touch and I think it hurts him also. I am curious if this is some sunburn condition and would also like to hear if infant sunburn is dangerous and what could I do to make him feel relief now?

The first thing you should do is to put your kid in a cool bath and afterward cover him with some wet towel for that is how you would reduce both the depth and extent of burn and especially if he gets fever just give him ibuprofen –it's good in reliving the pain. Also you could apply some cold whole milk on his sunburns but besides all this I would advice you go see a doc for this infant sunburn followed with fever could easily lead to heat stroke and that's pretty much serious condition accompanied with nausea and vomiting and could even cause serious dehydration.