The left side of my face sweats when I eat something with vinegar-ketchup, pickles am I allergic to vinegar? I especially notice this when I eat Heinz ketchup, pickles and dressings, like coleslaw dressing made with vinegar- It's this strange sensation of heat ans then sweat that begins on my left cheek and then sort of spreads to my hair/head, but maily stays on the left side- I know, it sounds odd, just wondering a little more now though.

I'm sure this is of little use to you, but my grandfather and his mother had a similar reaction to ketchup. They would sweat just under their eyes on the lower eyelid/bags of the eye area. Neither of them seemed to mind. That certainly didn't stop my grandfather from eating Mac & Cheese with some ketchup in it!

If you ever find out, post here what it is. I am curious. I'll do the same if I can narrow it down to something.

I have the same allergy and it started about 3 years ago. Vinegar and anything with vinegar in it: salad dressings, mustards, ketchup, hot sauce. I can't eat any of these things in a restaurant. The top of my head starts to sweat profusely immediately. At home I have to eat any of these things with a towel handy. Paper napkins do no good at all. Sweating is the only symptom. Vinegar does not bother my stomach. Short of abstinence, I would be grateful for any suggestions.

This is so weird... I get the same reaction, a little sweat under my eyes and my face would feel cold almost like a cold sweat but just on my face with the moisture under/around my eye!

The same exact thing literally happens to me on just the left side of my face. Salad dressings, hot sauce, ketchup (currently eating and made me curious to search) and sometimes just non-spicy foods that are cooked. Very curious as to what causes this. Also, when I exercise and I sweat, it is only on the right side of my face with a defined red line going down the middle of my face. Been going on for like over 10 years now and got it checked a few times but never any answer for me.