It's been about 12 days since I had my gallbladder removed larascopic method and it's been 3 days that I have this burning kinda stabbing pain on the left side of my belly button and it really hurts. It hurts when I sit or if I lie on my left side, but not when I lie on my right side. What could cause this and should I get this checked? Please let me know if this has affected anyone else after surgery.

It has been 10 weeks since i had my gallbladder removed. I too had this pain on the left hand side of my belly button - a sharp painfull pulling sensation when sitting up from a lying down position and various other activities. I also cannot feel about 1inch square at the left side of it either.

However - it went away after 3 weeks. Tonight it has come back - exactly the same as it was. I was looking for advice and stumbled across your post.

Let me know if you find anything out!

I had laproscopic gall bladder surgery just 3 weeks ago, and recently developed pain on the left side of my belly button - exactly as the person described it in the previous post. The right side incisions are all healed, no foods seem to bother me -- any ideas???

did you ever find out what it was? I have stabbing pains on my left side, mid-abdomen. I am 8 days post-op.

I had my G.B removed almost a year ago and still have the constant pain. I have been to the dr several times and done LOTS of tests, with no results. I get that shap pain often and have no found a reason or a cure for it! If anyone does please let me know

I have had these pains, had gallbladder out in April. I thought I had an abcess or something. The doctor said I could have these pains for up to a year. Did tests, everything fine.

I have also been having a pain about 2 inches to the left of my belly button for 4 days. I've never had anything like this before. I don't have any gallbladder problems, I don't have any bowell issues to go along with it, and I didn't do any strenuous exercise to pull a muscle or anything. It's a very sharp pain when I twist to the left and engage my stomach muscles like when sitting up from a lying down position. It feels like something is being pinched or pulled about 1/2 inch under the skin. I've checked a lot of forums and can find many others who are experiencing the same thing, but nobody has any answers. If someone does find an answer could you please post it to this forum? Thanks!

I had my gb removed two weeks ago--I also have a pulling strained feeling to the left of my naval-any type of muscle movement of the abdomen it feels like I lifted 500 lbs. and have a bad strain there--my skin is also sensitive to touch and it does hurt when I go to lay down from an upright position as well as lying down from an upright position--I had a blood test to make sure the liver and pancreas were ok and they were--I don't know if during the surgery a muscle etc. was hurt--very annoying not to know why this is happening--

I am 6 days post-op ad I too have a burning /straining/pulling sensation but mine is around the incision just under my rib cage when I twist, laydown, sit up, or bend over.... if anyone knows what the prob is please let me know!

You have had major surgery even if it was done laparoscopically. It will take awhile to heal inside. I had pain like that and also pain around my belly button when I gently mashed on it several months after the surgery. I was sure I had peritonitis or an abcess. It went away. I have had pain in different areas following the surgery and they all go away. It just takes time to heal and 6 days is still very newly postop.

Hi Everyone,

I had my G.B removed last week. I have notice that I have this sharp pain on my left side. I know that it takes time to heal but I also thought maybe it is what I am eating. The first week of surgery, all I had was water,apple juice and soup. My second week,I went back to eating foods.(Which some were fatty foods and other where healthy) I have been taking Flaxseed oil(it comes in flavors) which you can get at the Nurition store. Also I am taking super enzymes, which I also got at the nurition store. I also started to drink Soy Milk,not bad. I think that the reason why I am having these pains because of the soy milk and the fact that I had some fatty foods. Regardless of taking my new pills, I realize that I can't eat everything that the doctors tolds us. I am going to start a strict diet and let you know what I can and can not eat. Maybe people out there can get the just and heal better and eat better.I will post later

I also had surgery 1 month ago and am having the same type of pain, nothing relieves it and I am also tired all the time with no energy at all. When I went to see my Dr. , he gave me a B 12 shot.

I was told by my doctor that the belly button pain is due to constipation from the pain meds.

Hey Everyone,

Yeah I have definitely had similar pain. Long story short I graduated college, got a decent job and then all the sudden a month into it I got this really bad stabbing pain just to the left of my belly button covering about a square inch. Ironically this pain hurt worst and got excruciatingly worse the more I was in a sitting position or lying in a supine position. The problem became so bad that I had to resign from my position. This pain also improved when I started working at a restaurant I used to work at part-time. There was also an issue with constipation and stress seems to make the symptoms worse. After numerous tests such as colonoscopy, endoscopy, CT, X-Ray, and Hida Scan the conclusion was that this was maybe a gallbladder issue as my gallbladder was functioning at 4%... After seeing three different doctors a D.O. I went to decided after initially not being convinced it was the gallbladder (neither was I), decided that it was worth a shot and he would do an "exploratory" of the abdominal cavity... So during surgery he finds adhesions that had been crushing my large bowel for years. Apparently I was born with it as it is sometimes a product of being born premature. Now two weeks after simultaneous gallbladder surgery and the clipping off of my bowel adhesions I all the sudden got this really sharp, burning, tearing pain at the same spot on my belly button. I have scheduled an appointment for this Thursday... My guess is that maybe the adhesions are back or my intestine still has to adjust to the excess bile flow...These are my suggestions. Any ideas?

PS: I am a 24 year old male. Suffered from CFS, prostate inflammation, and food allergies since the age of 16. Besides that absolutely no other digestive issues besides some bloating and lack of appetite.

I have read some of the questins on here, and I also had my GB out about 2 1/2 wks ago, I had the same pain & aske dthe dr, he said that they actually pull the gall bladder out on the left side so that gets a little more of a "workout" and if youll notice, at least on me, it is a slightly bigger incision, also that i would feel it on & off for some time, just con't to listen to my body whe  it says to rest.  Hope this helps