I am not sure if Thea Sinensis is green or black tea. I have heard for that expression from my aunt, who said that is really healthy. She told me tea contains polyphenols, which are antioxidants that help to protect the body against heart diseases, stroke and cancer. However, tea is also rich in tannin and is a possible cause of esophageal cancer, she said. I didn’t know this before, so now I am really interested into this, that’s why I want to know more about Thea Sinensis.

It was formerly supposed that black and green tea were the produce of distinct plants, but they are both prepared from the same one. Green tea or Thea Sinensis is prepared by exposing the gathered leaves to the air until superfluous moisture is eliminated. When they are roasted over a brisk wood fire and continually stirred until they become moist and flaccid, they pass to the rolling table. They are rolled into balls and subjected to pressure which twists them and gets rid of the moisture. Thea Sinensis is commonly used in Chinese herbalism, where it is considered to be one of the 50 fundamental herbs. Modern research has shown that there are many health benefits to drinking tea, including its ability to protect the drinker from the heart diseases. It has also been shown that drinking tea can protect the teeth from decay, because the fluoride naturally occurs in the tea. Thea Sinensis is cardiotonic, diuretic, stimulant and stringent. They exert a decided influence over the nervous system, giving a feeling of comfort and exhilaration. It may also produce an unnatural wakefulness when taken in large doses.