I have the right sided pain....right next to the throat but its not the throat! It started after having most of my teeth pulled about 2-3yrs ago. It went away and would only come back periodically. When I became pregnant last year it came back and it never left. My obgyn figured it was sinuses......my Gp said sinuses.....the ENT had no idea......then my Gp said it was due to my Fibromyalgia.

All of these Drs have felt my neck and never found anything wrong. I went 2 days ago to get a bottom denture put in, they pulled 4 teeth and a few were directly above where the pain is.......when they were trimming the bone and pressing down on my jaw on that side that spot really hurt. I don't know if it has something to do with my first procedure when they took out a few of the bottoms to give me the partial....and it got worse because my last teeth went bad.

I have an anxiety disorder and this is making me nuts! Out of all these Drs that I have seen NONE of them were worried about this pain at all!

I noticed many posts about the left side and mine is the right side. I do know when I went to the Dentist to have the last 4 bottom teeth pulled when they worked on the right side it wasn't staying numb as long as in the past........when they went to dig out the one tooth I felt a throbbing pain in that area of my throat, when they stopped digging it eased up. My Dentist said it could have been an infection from the tooth BUT it would have been better by now.

None of these Drs have a clue.......I'm going to make another appt with my regular gp and ask him to get to the bottom of this.

You have symptoms of osteomyelitis of the jaw bone. The tooth infection can actually remain despite aggressive antibiotic treatment. The pocket of infection is walled off by the growth of healthy bone around it making antibiotic treatment difficult. Google "osteomyelitis of the jaw bone" for more information. There are many fine articles on this one.

wouldn't it have shown up in the xray they took of my mouth?

Not necessarily. That is why osteomyelitis is so difficult to diagnose and to treat. Talk to your doctor about taking the c-reactive protein test to determine if there is any inflammation inside your body. A positive test would mean that the doctor would need to look into this further.

I know when I was pregnant, this became really bothersome and my Dr did run tests for infections and inflammation (actually had this done a few times ) and it was always normal. And I know that every prenatal appt they would have you pee in the cup and they also checked for elevated wbc to make sure you have no infections.

Im calling my Dr this week, he knows about this problem and Im going to tell him we really need to get to the bottom of this.

Thanks for all your information.......I'll keep this updated, I noticed alot of people have the same problem on here except it was on their left side.