Well where do I start? I have been an addict for 15yrs (heroin 10yr methadone 5yr) I finally came off the methadone (worst withdrawl EVER) and was prescribed subutex (16ml) after a couple of weeks I reduced myself down to 8ml and am now on 2ml! btw My prescriber told me that subutex withdrawl wasn't difficult (yeh right)! I need to get myself off this as I have 3 beautiful girls who need me at my best, my daughters dad died because of drugs and I am determined to give us all a better quality of life which I can't do on subutex, I have read a few posts on here (wish I had done b4 getting subs) which have REALLY helped me realise I'm not on my own in this battle, I am planning on jumping off 2moro(as I have read that if ur on anything below 2ml the withdrawl is the same) and would be grateful of any tips on making it any easier if possible!! I have been on them 6 months and have felt really down ever since, no energy, feel worthless, even suicidal thoughts, which I would never do because of my girls, but sometimes I just can't see a way out! I have also started drinking wine at night to help me sleep which I know I shouldn't but it does help! Any replies would be greatly appreciated and if your reading this with the same problem u r not alone if u need support or to chat about it I'm here! Good luck everybody , u can do it xxxx

Hey :) I'm only on day 15 completely off them but I'm feeling ok! And my 1yr old & 4yr r keeping me busy so I don't really have much time 2 think about it! I felt pretty bad 4 7days but not as bad as coming off the methadone! Just the no sleeping thing annoys me :/ if I didn't have the kids I'd be taking a strong (non opiate) sleeping tab!!! I was on the tablets 4 just over a year & stopped completely off 4mg It's hard work but like u say uv got kids aswell 2 think of So just keep telling urself that! My energy levels r bk Like I said just not getting a great night sleep!!! Good luck!!! U can do it!!! I was on opiates 4 13yr & I've just had enough Just hoping I can stay mind strong aswell :) x

Thanks for the reply mummy2two, well done on getting clean, 15days you should be through the worst of it?? It can't have been easy with 2 kids, I agree I wish I could put myself to sleep for a few days lol not an option with kids! Have u got somebody with u to help with kids, because I've tried this b4 and it took all my energy to get dressed never mind run after kids. I'm dreading it, going to get some vitamins that have been recommended on this site and just do it. Thanks again for the reply it really does help to hear from people that have done it, IT CAN BE DONE!!!! Good luck honey

My mum helped me out with my 4yr old the 1st week I told her I had the flu really bad :/ coz I did a cold turkey off my methadone b4 I f#@ked up & had 2 go on the subs so NO1 knew I was doing it They would have been devastated I'd lied 2 them! I'd say I'm over the worse yeah :) Vitamins really helped me my 1st week so get as many as u can! Vitamin C was my food 4 a week :) Music also helped a lot 2 get me up & going! I'm really glad I found this forum Just so I knew I wasn't the only 1 going through it! Let me know how ur getting on Much love x

Thankyou for keeping us updated on ur progress, it really does help! And ur advice on music 100% agree (my neighbours might not agree) have read ur story and we have both been through a lot of the same,(in uk too) good luck to you ! Keep in touch ! We can beat this!!!!!

Ha ha :) Yeah my neighbours r probably hating me aswell & also the Swedish house mafia album :/ Glad ur still doing good! Must admit this wee forum has helped me loads especially when I've been wide awake at night & every1 on fbook is sleeping :) lol I'm still sneezing lots but its total bearable!! Just can't wait till my confidence comes bk coz I still think every1 is staring at me coz my pupils r massive (probably just normal) but I'm a paranoid android! I'm in "sunny" Scotland! Good 2 know ur from the UK aswell :) We're so lucky having the NHS (even though they're annoying sometimes) Hope u have a good weekend :) xxx