I am 15 weeks pregnant. I have been on suboxone for 3 years. Found out I was pregnant, switched to subutex. Went from 8mg to 1mg in a 4 week period.

I feel fine, had some RLS, but good to go now. Part of me feels its in my head that I need to take the meds.

I was wondering if anyone else has had a baby while subutex and what was the outcome?

I've been reading where some people have had their babies die from SIDS and think it is related?? IDK

Hi, I have been in your shoes. I had been on suboxone for about 3yrs, then started going to my own Dr. instead of getting them from family. A month later I found out I was Pregnant, so my Dr. immediately put me on subutex and I stayed on 8mg taking them 3times a day through my entire pregnancy. My husband and I both got clean & sober at the same time, so I felt it was in my best interest to stay on the meds, I didn't want to relapse. Long story short, My pregnancy went great, our daughter came out a healthy 8lb girl with the apgar test score of 9!!! (that's great in the doctors world) They monitored her for withdrawal symptoms, she was great, and started breastfeeding as soon as she was born. Now remind you I was still on the subutex and the Dr. said I needed to stay on whatever I was using while breastfeeding. We're past her 1st bday, weaned from breastfeeding shortly after her turning one, and now I am here to say that I am 7 days clean from subutex!!! Don't get me wrong, I still feel achy & I have to PUSH myself to interact and get things done. But I hope my words have been inspirational, I had a hard time thinking I was a shitty mom for having to take subs while pregnant, but I realize now that it's alot better than to have relapsed and possibly have lost our beautiful daughter that fills my heart with the love I've always yearned for. PLEASE listen to your dr. while on this medication and while pregnant, you're still in ur first trimester, don't go any lower, just stick to your program and you'll be good to go ! Good luck! 

I know this post is old but I am 12 weeks pregnant and on 8 mg of subutex, I have slowly began weaning off of 12 mg to see if I can safely stop. I am terrified I am harming my baby and the thought of my baby having withdrawls or sids is more than I could handle. I was hoping you could tell me how your pregnancy, delivery and how your baby is now. I would really appreciate it as I do not know anyone in this situation!

Thank you so much for your response. I am glad everything is going good for the two of you!!

Congrats on gettting off the subutex, that's great!!!

I have stayed on 1 mg. So far so good. Did your daughter have any problems after you were done breast feeding?

I hope all is well for you both, thank you again for your reply

terrifiedmom - I was in your shoes. I was able to wean down from 8mg to 1mg with no problems except the RLS.
I am 23 weeks now and my baby is great - kicking away. I'm more tired than usual - but good.

The research I've done tells me that the chances of withdraw are slim and you can still nurse if you choose. Good luck.

Just curious as to how you are doing?