I AM EXPERIENCING THE SAME AS THE LADY THAT HAD HER THYROID REMOVED RECENTLY AND HAD HAIR LOST BEFORE THE REMOVAL MY HAIR SHED AND VERY THIN IN SPOTS WHICH SOME FOLKS HAS SAID TO ME IT IS NERVE THING NOT THE THYROIDS BUT, I DON'T KNOW WHICH IS TRUE

Hi! My aunt had a problem with thyroid gland. Before she had it removed she could feel many many changes in her body. The first symptoms that appeared were sweating palms and frequent sweating. She could be too hot at one moment, and the next one she was cold. The apetite loss was among the symptoms. She then had some check ups and had some therapy and things seemed to be settled down for a while.
But again after some time the problems recurred but with more symptoms, such as difficulty breathing and the heart started to beat harder from time to time. This really gave her worries. Also she noticed she was losing her hairs much more than usual and she believed this was the consequence of her thyroiditis. Also some people have told her so.
Eventually she went for the thyroidectomy and now she is doing fine, everything is set back to its place. I hope you will be fine.

I had my Thyroid removed about two years ago and i haven't been the same since. Hair loss is unfortunately part of the problem people with bad or no Thyroids experience. I lose hair by the hand full when my levels aren't where they should be. It's not nerves, it's the Thyroid telling you that you need to get some labs drawn up so the medication level can be adjusted. There's nothing you can do to prevent hair loss from happening. Try to keep up with the medication levels and see how it goes from there.

My daughter has had a consistant, slow hair loss after having 1/2 of her thyroid removed. Is there anything that she could do to get her regrowth rate up?