I read the if you start taking Levothyroxine that surgery is out of the question. Is that true?

I'm assuming you mean thyroid surgery, or do you mean any surgical procedure in general, once you're put on levothyroxine? In case you were asking about thyroid surgery, there is no reason why it couldn't be done while you're taking levothyroxine simply because this medication completely substitutes the hormone your thyroid gland produces. In some cases levothyroxine is given to patients before radiation or surgery to elevate their thyroid hormone levels. So, as long as your medical team and surgeon are aware that you are taking levothyroxine, I don't see why surgery would be a problem - you would just continue with the medication afterward,

Wish you all the best,

Nicole

Yeah, I meant thyroid cancer. I have another question. Is surgery the ONLY choice? I'm very weary about going under the knife if there's going to be complications(left side of face slopping, effect on voice box, numbness, etc.)

Generally speaking, surgery isn't always the only option once cancer cells are found in your thyroid gland, but that greatly depends on type and stage of thyroid cancer. There is also a difference between total thyroidectomy, where the complete gland is removed, or partial surgery where they remove only the affected area, with some margin of healthy cells. My good friend had the second type of surgery, where only one lobe was removed an after the procedure she was off levothyroxine for a few weeks, than she had a radioactive iodine treatment to make sure all cancer cells were eliminated from entire body. That was two years ago and she is on the levothyroxine again and through her entire recovery she did have some problems with voice hoarseness, but that side effect went away as she healed. Her face looks perfectly fine.