Recently something strange has happen when my penis is erect. I am not able to pull the foreskin fully back, it will only go about 3/4 of the way. Further I have a burning sensation when not erect, and when I attempt to pull back the foreskin it seem, well very dry and almost unable to pull fully back. When I do get it back, it simply stays. I am 33 and did not use to have this issue, my foreskin could be fully pulled back when errect and I did not have any burning sensations or any thing else. Could this be a side effect of any medication I might be taking? I have heard of phymosis, does that normally occor later in life?

hi from vancouver canada

It sounds like a yeast infection (candida albicans). Check with your pharmacist for a topical yeast medicine or go to your doctor.

Phimosis is the name of the condition of having a foreskin that will not retract. Baby boys are born with phimosis. It is normal. Boys between 12 and 16 usually stretch their foreskin to get rid of phimosis.

In your case, you have a temporary phimosis apparently caused by the yeast infection. When you clear up the yeast infection, you probably will get rid of the phimosis.