You all remember being told as a kid to pull back your foreskin and wash the head of penis to remove Smegma that accumulates(white substance). Well i remember being told to do this as a kid but my parents never told me why it was necessary and important. I did it as a kid, but i dont think i did it through my teen years (blame it on my parents for not reminding me). I have started doing it regularly again recently like a year or so ago, and about 2-3 yrs ago i started wondering what the difference is between my penis and those of pornstarts here in the US. So my problem is that my foreskin has become pretty tight and my foreskin cannot be retracted fully to expose the entire head. It retracts about 1/3 of the way, that too when i'm in the shower. Although i have not seen any smegma accumulation since i was probably 11 or 12, it is still bothering me. This is because the head of my penis is extremely and i mean extremely sensitive. It is so sensitive that i cant even touch it with my finger. So to clean it, i have to drip soap on to it while foreskin is retracted and then wash it off. THIS SCARES ME BECAUSE ORAL SEX IS VERY IMPORTANT TO ME AND MY SEXLIFE. I'm scared that her tounge might hurt me.
Ok, so i did some research and i have phimosis(partial since i can retract it somewhat)

ok so i went to my general physician and when he looked at it, he recommended i get a circumcision. I told him i'd like to try other methods and he gave me a referal to a urologist. So i went to the urologist today and somehow he managed to retract my foreskin completely exposing the head(although it was quite painful) and said that i didnt have much of a problem. All i needed to do was to retract it full daily and get back to him in 6 months... easy for him to say, because its really painful and not east to retract foreskin for me. He said that if it wouldnt work out for me, then we'd have to think about dorsal slit(which had many complications according to him) or circumcision. I asked him about the topical steroidal cream that loosens foreskin, he said nothing about it. So i'm goin to get a second opinion from another urologist on the 1st of feb, maybe get a prescription for this steroidal cream. I saw this device that can be ordered online, it is to help loosen the foreskin.(glansie.com) it looks kinda scary to me, i'm thinking of gettin one, but its made of steel and if it touches the glans it will hurt me like hell :-(((

Today while bathing is was able to retract it quite easily without much effort or pain. However just when i thot i had done good, my foreskin for stuck behind the head, it wasnt coming back(i think my opening is too small).....i got f*****g scared cos this would lead to Paraphimosis, i tried pulling the skin back up(slightly painful) and it wouldnt move. MY heartrate went from 72-80 bpm to like 120+ in just a few seconds. I thot i'd have to call emergence(911) and this wud be the most embarrasing emergency ever. Then i remembered reading something about paraphimosis and according to that i had to gently press the head so that the blood goes out of it, reducing its size and the skin would then come back to normal and IT WORKED!!! phew.... i dunno how i'm gonna clean myself everyday if this happens again :-(

lol cant blame you i woudl be S**t Scared

i spoke to the urologist on the phone and he said that the foreskin gettin stuck behind the head is unavoidable and i must keep doing it. :'( I wish he wud jus give me the steroid cream....when i asked him about it, he says he doesnt beleive in it....

Also is there a way to put up pics on this page, so i can show you guys what i'm talking about.....my opening is very tiny as well. I'd say its about 3-4 mm only :/

[/img]

Use photobucket.com and then host the image adn then copy the url tag into a message

picture1(flaccid) - notice how the opening of the foreskin is misaligned with the opening on the head.
picture2(flaccid) - i can retract my foreskin a little more than that now. and about halfway to the head when i'm taking a shower.
picture3(semi-erect) notice how the skin tightens when its semi erect and when i try to retract it, it doesnt move much at all.
picture4(flaccid) - see how small the opening is....i think its like 3-4 mm.
picture5(flaccid) - same as above, diff angle.

almost forgot.....my question is to you guys who solved their phimosis. How long did it take you and what treatment did you use?

hi,

i am 18 years old and I experienced the same thing you are going to. I never thought anything about it when i couldnt retrat the foreskin over the head of my penis, i thought it was normal. But then around the age of 16 i started getting into porn, and also realized that in comparison to the male pornstars my penis looked funny. i did some research online and discovered that i also had phimosis. I even when my penis was flacid i could not expose the head fully. also i experienced the same pain you are talking about with the head being so sensitve.

i never went to a doctor or urologist but i got some advice from other ppl who had the same thing. what i did was i pull the foreskin (while the penis is flacid) and gently stretched it. at first the hole was really small so i used a q-tip then after about stretching it for 5-10 minutes for 7 days i noticed that the hole was bigger. then i started pulling the foreskin back and eventually got it halfway over the flacif penis head. while i was halfway over the falcid penis head i aroused my penis so i would get an errection with stretched the foreskin more, the first time it hurt a lot and i thought the skin would rip but over time it got less and less painful.

the first time i got te foreskin to retract fully when i had an erection i also thought i had got it stuck and couldnt get it back over. but after doing it you get used to it and it becomes natural. as for the sensitivity it took me several months before the head of my penis became less sensitive to touch.

good luck tho!

hey thanks for the advice. So you used a q-tip to stretch the foreskin for 5-10 minutes. Did you hold the stretch for 5-10 mins or did you hold it for like 30 secs-1 min and then let go and then kept repeating for 10 minutes?

ok, so i visited a diff urologist today and to my surprise he said i dont have phimosis becuase he cud retract my foreskin completely(phimosis is when you cant retract at all), although it was slightly painful for me. He said that i had a long foreskin and that the head of my penis was really sensitive which is why i felt pain. So all i have to do is keep stretching, retracting and desensitizing the head. I asked him about the steroidal cream(betamethasone or somethin its called), he said that would make the head more sensitive besides loosening the skin and would cause me more problems......
After i told him about the foreskin getting stuck and choking the head, he said that its not a problem if i roll it back after i finish showering.

iv recently had an experience similar to the guy a bit below. i had a bath in the evening and pulled my foreskin back easily. But it remained there, and wouldnt go bak. I didnt think anything of it and went to bed. It was only until about half an hour ago wen i read this i sh*t myslef, got staright in the shower and gently pushed it back in. It was stuck for, i think, no more than 20 hours. It should be ok now shouldnt it???

The sensitivity will go away, I used to not be able to touch my glans, and in the shower the water hitting it would hurt sooo bad, but i started slowly and leaving it retracted more and more often and now its ok. When i get a BJ they still have to be gentil and not suck hard, but sucking isnt the good part anyways...

I'm not suprised he didnt recomend the cream, the best way to stretch it is just by doing it a lot over time

Oh and BJ's are the best way to loosen foreskin, It used to hurt to have mine retracted while i had an erection, but after a lot of bj's it feels a lot looser because during a BJ the skin moves over the head a lot and stretches it gently

im 17 and have the same problem and am scared to go to the doctor, i live in the uk. when i pull back my fore skin i can a bit, more than i used to anyway but the problem is that when i roll it out i looks like it is attached to the penis. Also when i start pulling it back there is like a vein at the end bit of the fore skin and i dont want to pull any more in case i pop it out or somethin? any help

To the guest above me, I had the same problem everyone here has had. I did not see a doctor and I knew there was something wrong for years before I finally found out what it was on the internet a week or two ago.

I had never retracted my foreskin fully, not even halfway until a week or two ago, and there was a lot of dried up smegma, all crusty and it all seemed to be attached to my penis somewhat.

So the buildup of that smegma worsened the retraction problem, because I would have to remove it all before I could retract it since the foreskin was so tight. And my head was extremely sensitive, so trying to remove it took a lot of patience, since it was dry and attached to the head.

I was ready to schedule an appointment with the doctor, but then a few days later, I cleaned around half of it off by gently pouring water onto the dried smegma while trying to rub it off every once in a while (which hurt like hell).

The next day I managed to clean the other half off and retract the foreskin fully for the first time ever. Now the head is no longer extremely sensitive and I can retract without any problems although it still feels tight, but with time, I know the sensitivity and tightness will all be resolved.

I hope this helps you guys out, I was really worried and confused for years every time my mind turned to this, but now it's all over.