i hear most people say if you have painful menstrual cramps, it means during labor ur pain will be as painful as ur cramps. How true is this myth?

This does not at all follow. I've had bad cramps (stomach, back, knees, hips) all my life, and both my labors were quick and not intolerably painful. I don't think they relate to each other at all, actually.

Not true at all. I've had gut wrenching menstrual cramps, so bad I've ended up in the hospital, vomiting, and in the worst pain imaginable. I also had a miscarriage induced with suppositories. That was unbearable. I thought my uterus was going through a meat grinder. SO I was well prepared (I thought ) for a labor on par with my month to month cramps. NOT!!!!
The pain of labor was more contractions instead of a steady pain. The contractions made me stop in my tracks and just try to breathe. Its different for everyone.
My friend had an easy labor, no meds. She never had menstrual cramps. Go figure!