I am in 8th month and am getting nervous about having a baby. I am 25 and this is my first time. I am very concerned about labor. How hard could it be? None of my friends have baby and I have no one to talk to about this.

Well, it is highly individual and probably can be very painful and difficult for some women more than for other. Labor starts with unpredictable contractions that are usually uncomfortable and at that moment cervix begins to dilate. Contractions become more frequent and stronger but you may decide to have pain medication when get to the hospital. I remember that I was thinking only about my baby’s safety and to do it as fast as I could. You do not have time to think about pain, that pain is normal and natural.

yeah the pain isnt all that bad but that is for each women to decide for herself. I had my first with no pain medicine at all. You are concentrating to hard on how to breath and getting baby out to really notice the pain but I also didn't have a long labor. Mine was only 2 hours. So, If I had a longer labor I would probably be saying something different and would've probably had pain medicine. But it is all normal and natural. Don't be scared, its a beautiful thing to experience.