I was 33 weeks pregnant with my son John. I had a strange feeling, I was disturbed, and my ankles were huge. I went to see my practitioner and he told me I have many signs of preterm labor. In that time, I was already 4 cm dilated. I was having contractions, so they gave me magnesium sulfate to stop them, but they continued. There was a pretty big chance that my baby will have to go to NICU. The contractions stopped, but I had to stay in the hospital for a few days. When I was 39 weeks pregnant my John was finally born, healthy and beautiful.

Hi. I had no such trouble. I had 3 enormous contractions and there was a popping sensation, followed by a “bang” sound. My water broke and I called my doctor. I went to the hospital. Pretty soon I was 7cm dilated and very exciting. I asked a doctor can I have an epidural injection, and he said there is no time. I started to feel I shoul push, and so I did. Some 6 or 7 pushes later Sarah made her arrival. Everything happened so fast, and I was feeling just fine.