I get this tingling sensation like bubbles on the left back side of my head. It happened a few times. Do you know what it is? Do you think I should get it checked out?

Im having the same on the front ish tho.. im so scared at the moment.. its like a numb tingling sensation...like if someone was touching your hair.. but there not.. if u get me

Hey I'm really terrified, I've had a bad headache for 5 days, numbness and tingling in my left check, heaviness in my left arm and pain and tingles on the back/ top of my head as well as tingles down the left side of my back... what is this?

I've just started to get the same thing over the past 3 days. Feels like pins and needles or someone touching a spot on the left side of my head. Not really worried about it just yet. I'll be heading to the doctor tomorrow to get it checked out. Would love to know if anyone else has been t a doctor yet.

I was just wondering if you had gotten and answer for this, i have been with the same symptom that you describe here and still the doctors can figure it out.

please help

Hey guys I have been getting right sided tingling on my head for the past month and my doctor has no clue either but I did get a CT Scan which came up clear apart from mild right sided ethmoidal sinusitis but I had taken anti biodics for that and the tingling is still going on I am really scared too with my tingling it is always right sided and begins sort of at the bottom and then go up to the top of the right side of my head and last for about 20 seconds MAX and I have been getting it more of late nearly 7 times a day it sucks im so scared and no one seems to have an answer im scared im gonna die or something. I also have been diagnosed with anxiety disorder and I have been taking medication for it and all of my anxiety symptoms have seem to have gone apart from the tingling is still there but I was getting the tingling 2 weeks before i started on the meds so I know its not that please help someone if any of you know what this is please let all of us know!

HI,
LEEMARIE, I HAVE HAD THE EXACT SAME THING AS YOU HAVE DESCRIBED, BUT MINES ON THE LEFT SIDE, STRATS AT THE BACK LEFT SIDE OF MY NECK AND CREEPS ALL THE WAY UP THAT SIDE TO ABOUT MY EYEBROW. ITS THERE FOR BOUT 20SECONDS AND THEN MY HEAD FEELS NUMB FOR A FEW MINS, AND THEN ITS GONE.
SO WEIRD, ITS ONLY BEEN GOING ON FOR ABOUT A WEEK, AND I HAVE JUST HAD THE FLU, SO MITE WAIT TILL MY FLUS GONE AND SEE IF I STILL HAVE IT, IF SO THEN I WILL GO TO THE DOCS, AND LET YOU KNOW WHAT HE SAYS. I HAD A FEELING THAT I WAS GOING TO HAVE A STROKE OR SOMETHING.

any updates?

hi folks,

I have suffered similar weird sensations from inside the head.

I have been off work with a diagnosis of stress, although I was never conviced of this.

After two weeks off work (I do have a stressful job) I felt more relaxed but started experiencing weird sensations on the left side of my head (approximately on the lines of an hairstyle, where you would have a left hair parting)

The sensations vary from head pressure, a cool numbness, tingling, twitching, crawling, hot needle being pushed in your head, or water trickling down the inside of your head. All these occur on different occassions, with no pattern.

After discussing these symtoms with my GP, he said it could be damage to nerve tissue inside the head, caused by being stressed. These tissues\nerves all give different sensations in the head, being under stress for a long time could have damaged them and they are confused and are sending out all the wrong signals in your head.

He has signed me off for two more weeks and put me on 50mgs of Amitriptyline per day, to see if this cures these weird inner head sensations.
This medication is used mainly for depression, but the GP says they can have a calming down effect on the nerves that are sending out these confused sensations.

I have beed taking the tablets for two days, they seem to have eased these weird and worrying sensations but the tablets take 2-4 weeks to work properly, so I'm already quite pleased with the results.

I'll write again in a few weeks to see if the weird in-head sensation cease to be a problem, as I know its rather worrying to you folk to.

Regards A.LAW

This past semester my parents have told me that if I do not make a 3.0 in college this semester that they are cutting me off and I have to go to the marines. Theres about 3 weeks left of school and for the past month my head has tingled as if somebody is touching but theyre not like the one fellow said above. Its like this from when I wake up until bed. I am prescribed aderoll for school and go to a very very good psychiatrist every month for refills, I go for a refill in a week. if anyone has any ?'s they think would be beneficial for me to ask him, let me know...he always rambles on for longer than I want to be there so I have the opportunity to possibly get to the bottom of this...its obviously anxiety though, it helps whenever I close my eyes and think about winning the lottery, sounds delusional but it works for me sometimes///

i have had the same problems and the dr said it could be a pinched nereve in the neck, even though my neck does not hurt3

Ive been getting this weird sensation of water trickiling along the side of my head, kinda worried about it. I had the same thing years ago, but it was water running down my back. i went to the doctor then and he said it to do with the nerves. I was wondering if this is the same thing, i have been under alot of strain of late as i was made redundant in Jan of this year and its now Oct. I do suffer from panic attacks and thought this could be stress related too.

Hi Delta191,

Did you end up seeing results?

I have had these weird sensations as well. My best analogy would be as follows: Somebody opened up my skull, took this really hot, heavy oil and started pouring it over the left side of my brain, allowing it to trickle down the left side of my neck.

It gets incredibly uncomfortable at times, it is distracting and occasionally the pressure is painful - but it isn't like a headache. There is occasionally an odd "rushing" feeling that accompanies it, as well as an almost burning sensation at the back of my throat.

I am very frightened of this, and it's starting to make me depressed, as it has been going on for over a week now. If anyone has any answers or anything that has helped remedy these terrifying sensations, please don't forget to share with the rest of us.

I have the same thing but mine is brought on by Anxiety/panic attacks I get that numb tingling feeling and after awhile of calming my nerves it subsides it sucks and it's the physical part of Anxiety!