I have recently been experiencing a strange periodical tingling in the back of my head, an area about the size of a large coin. It isn't painful I am just intrigued to it's cause. Thankyou.

I have been having a tingling sensation on the back of my head for a day and a half.i am worried as to what it might be,it comes and goes.I am only 19 years old and i am very nervous.I know it could be serious or nothing at all.I worry about everything and always think of the worst.this is the first time i have had this problem.I have like a sinus headache and im not sure if it is all related or not.I am very worried and i am glad im not the only one with these problems.If any one could also help me that would be great;If by the weekend it is not better i am definetly going to the doctor..My weekend might be ruined. :(

Guest wrote:

Guest wrote:

i am also scared...I'm 20 and have just started feeling the same thing about 2 days ago. My dad said it might be my neck and my older sister says it's because i always keep my hair up in a pony-tail lol idk what it might be but if i feel it again in the next 2 days I am going to make a doctors appointment. If i do end up going I'll tell you guys what it is :)

I am a 27 year old software engineer and have this exact symptom. No other place on the internet seemed to describe exaclty what I have like this. I did some searching around, and it seems like it is from a pinched nerve, so I am going to see if spinal manipulation therapy or a good massage helps out. I am taking a four day weekend, so maybe this will help also.

Has anybody found out what this symptom might be caused by yet?

I feel it too. Only happens for me when begin thinking of something in deep thought. Many New Agers describe it as the onset of one of those out of body experiences or something similar to the near death experiences or deep meditation. Which I believe is all a perception for what happens when DMT is naturally released from the penial gland. Ever hear or feel a popping shortly after it? Usually when your almost asleep or similar situations when the brain resonates between 4.0-8.0 HZ (The Theta State) is when things like this tend to happen. These things often happen when your almost in deep sleep only problem is, you don't normally remember it because of the flood of DMT releasing into your body, causing you to enter REM sleep or in some occasions make you dream or for some others create self induced illusions, or hallucinations.
Its mostly the same, in feeling and place, usually described as "goose bumps" on the back of the head, something tingling outward in a little matrix or spider formation. This is often somehow related to the penial gland but in some cases not, so check with your doctor. It could also be something like this wrongdiagnosis.com/sym/head_paresthesia_tingling.htm#intro

It could be a migraine if you have a painfull headache aswell

I have been feeling the same symptoms today for a few hours & have experienced it before!

Its a very annoying stabbling like pin pricking pain on the top right surface area of my head. When I touch that area I can also feel it like a bruise or is quite tender. This very annoying pain comes & goes constantly & makes me jolt alot of the time as it does hurt! o.O . I also would like to know the cause........

PLEASE HELP
:'(

I'm a 34yo software engineer. I also started feeling periodic tingling on top of my head this week. Every time it happens I try to rush to the bathroom to see in there mirror if there's just some natural slight movement of the skin, but every time I look it goes away. I have no headaches and there's no pain so my guess is that whatever it is it's topical, I'm going to try changing my shampoo.

OK not to sound stupid or anything. Thank God that there are others who have the same issues. You know I have been going through this for...well I'm not really sure how long. That's because sometimes it's there and sometimes it not. Its the weirdest feeling I have ever had. As far as pain it is just like a headache. Except it really dont hurt. I mean I know it's there but it just tingles a lot. So I would totally ask myself what the heck is going on. I read here someone ask about a popping sound after the tingling. I have experienced the popping yet only when I begin to fall asleep. I would feel the tingle then pop, but I jump out of bed. Scared sometimes in others I would be panicked , and breathing rapidly. I don't know. If someone can help please email me at. **** Thanks. :-( :-( :-(

**edited by moderator** **e-mails are not allowed**

I am a 25 year old female and I've been getting a cool sensation and tingling at the top of my head. It's very weird and I'm getting concerned. It does it alot throughout the day. Usually no other symptoms but today it did it and then my ear started ringing and I started freaking out because I started thinking I was having an aneurysm(I'm a worry-wart). No headaches with it. But I had a panic attack today after that happened and I felt dizzy. So I'm not sure if it was the tingling or the panic attack that made me feel dizzy. I am a stay at home mom to my two year old son so that makes me scared if something happened to me he would be by his self. I thought for sure I was gonna pass out today. But again it could have been from the panic attack....

I'm a 16 year old female and the same thing just started for me last night. It's been happening periodically for me since and although it doesn't hurt, it is irritating. Also, I'm really upset because I am one of those people who likes to be extra cautious and stop things before they can get to a big problem but my mother said that unless I have another symptom that I shouldn't be worried. But I want an answer so if any of you guys know if it goes away or possibly what it is, that would be helpful,Thanks.

it is the awakening that is occurring. Its a higher density energy in the galaxy that our solar system is currently going through. ITs causing all the planets in our solar system to change (either by surface brightening, heating, or higher electromagnetic sphere.)

This is also causing our bodies to undergo a mass evolution. We are experiencing a great awakening in consciousness the likes of which the world has never seen. It will culimate in 2012. Lets begin trusting in each other and seeing that all people are one and the same.

I too have the same symptom. I have a slight tingling and numbness on a spot on the top right of my head. It covers about the area of a silver dollar. There is no pain but it worries me at times. I always have to pop my neck though, and am very stiff, in the neck, shoulders and back area. I think that I might have some nerve trouble or a pinched nerve. I'm not sure that that's the actual case, but other than that I couldn't imagine what it could be. I am a healthy 22 year old who runs and works out. I have been dealing with this though for what seems like a few years. It comes and goes and there is no real pattern to it. I've read everything online from multiple sclerosis to lyme disease. In short, I have no idea what it is, but it is comforting to know that I'm not the only one.

hello guys, I am having the same sensations: the tingling, and sometimes dizziness and burning sensation, they only come in some spots on the back of my head, I had an Xray for my neck and there was no abnormalities, except the "straightening of cervical curve mostly due to muscular spasm" sometimes I have tension headaches in the middle of the day (working day), I work on the computer most of the day, so the doctors (yes, I saw many doctors) believe that it's due to that, they only advised me to swim and exercise, I am having panic attacks when the symptoms come since I also have anxiety that is worsening every symptom.

I can see from all of the above posts that we are all young, and some people work in offices behind a computer screen. I hope that this is the real reason behind it since no doctor asked for any test or image (except the Xray and a CT for sinuses) and I am having these symptoms for around 8 months

i have the same problem i get this tingling on the right side of my head.... sometimes it is followed by a ringing in my ear also. it only lasts for like a minute and happens a couple time a day.just started happening a month ago.... very confused is this serious. i dont have any panic attacks. im not stressed at all. most of the time im driving or watching tv when it happens.