I’ve been having severe pain in jaw during chewing and talking, and it is not rare that jaw is still painful after I eat. It has been like this for some times. Should I ask for professional help? Is this serious situation or should I wait to pass by it self?

Jaw disorders are conditions in which the temporomandibular joint is damaged and the muscles used for chewing and talking become stressed, causing pain. This condition may be the result of a number of factors, such as an injury to the jaw or joint misalignment. It may give rise to a variety of symptoms, most commonly pain in the jaw, face, and neck muscles. Tell your physician about pain during and after eating. He will make diagnose by listening yours description of the symptoms and by performing a simple examination of the facial muscles and the jaw.