I'm 40 years old & scheduled to have my tonsils removed in 8 day 's :-(
Does anybody have any tips on pain control (If it becomes to that), food that has been tolerable to eat :-)
Did anybody lose any weight :-)

im 22 years old- i had my tonsils out 18 days ago. About a week after surgery (and the whole next week) I deeply regreted the descision (or at least not forcing the doctor to do it when I was younger- its much less painful as a child.) I was in so much pain, I even cried once...maybe twice. I feel great now. Problems that I had were the tognue pain, of course throat pain, very sore ears, and now my adnoids are very sore when I push on them with my tongue. The thing that helped me the most was constant ice packs (and i mean CONSTANT for two weeks, when it melts, get more ice) on my throat and water- it is better to take a big sip than a little sip- I was told this and it helped me alot. Practice taking a big sip and focus on making the water go down the middle of your throat, not just letting it sink to the sides like you are used to swallowing. Also, the only thing I could get down was overcooked top ramen (again, bigger swallows make less contact with the sides of your throat)- I put some garlic in it, but I dont know if it trully helped or not. The only juice I could drink (over a week after) was tropical punch Capri Suns- maybe because of the small ammount of pineapple juice? (Dont try to drink anything acidic if you are still raw though.) As for the ear pain, use a heating pad- my pain was the worst about two weeks post surgery and seemed to get better all of a sudden. Also, keep that water going down as soon as you get home from the hospital- you do not want those sores to dry out. Use a vaporizor all the time. If you have kids, you NEED to have a family member stay at your house for about a week OR MORE- you will not be able to take care of them or supervise them. My best advice is to sleep the time away- set an alarm clock for your pain meds- do not skip doses or you will regret it. Drink water every time you are awake. So my only issue now is my adnoids are very sore when I push on them with my tongue (they are in the back of the throat on the roof of your mouth above where your tonsils are) Oh ya- food tastes alot different- less flavorful- but maybe this is because my atniods are swollen?? It feels a little weird with no tonsils and I had to relearn how to drink without it shooting out my nose, but Im learning. Anyone else have the adnoid problem??