hello.
my 4 year old son has to have his adenoids and tonsills out and grommets inserted all in the same operation. I am so scared for him, has anyone out there had a child that has had to have all this done. please reply so I know what we are in for. Thanks

Hi! My 2 1/2 y.o. daughter just had her adenoids out and tubes put in her August. Then on 12/21 she had her tonsils out!! The first 3 days weren't too bad. But by day four she was in so much pain. I was giving her the Lortab every four hours and Motrin every 8 hours but nothing seems to help. She mostly cries a lot when she first wakes up. Make sure you have a cool mist humidifier. Encourage him to drink a lot of fluids (gatorade, juicy juice, water, etc.) to keep him hydrated. Mostly, just be prepared that he will be in pain. I didn't try popsicles because she doesn't like them and stay away from ice cream or milk products in the first week. All the best for a speedy recovery!!