I’ve begun cycling recently and I want to know which the best cycling techniques are. Also I need to know the basic training, to prevent injuries and develop a good personal mileage. I have a cross country, lightweight bike with dual suspension and considering it is a lightweight bike, should I use the same training techniques as for the other heavier types of mountain bikes?

The most important thing is interval training and that means intensive training where you’ll put all your efforts and reaching maximum heart rate. This should last for a short time. After that a period of relaxation which should last longer should start. You should never try to cycle continuously for a long period of time and try to be as fast as possible. It’s completely ineffective. Also, trying to cover as many miles as possible in the beginning of your training is also something that’ll only exhaust you and frustrate you without any result. So, interval training and lots of patience and motivation is what you need. Good luck and don’t give up.