Okay, I know this is dumb, but the helmet I have slides side to side on my head. So after I've gone really fast down a hill, its caught air and then lands crooked, so I'm 'big pimpin' in most of my photos and its probably not the safest way to wear a helmet (even if its unintentional and not even noticed by me until photos are developed) So, any thoughts on how I might correct this or do I need a new helmet? And how do you fit yours? Any place online that you can buy and return to fairly easily so I can try them on my ginormous head?
thanks

I know this sounds obviously geeky, but have you messed around with the straps and adjusted them different ways?

...just 'cuz I had to spend half an hour in front of the mirror with my helmet tugging the straps every which way to get it perfect

Helmets come in sizes. If you have already adjusted it with the straps, you may need a new helmet.

The one you are wearing in the pic is not safe.

Sheldon

I think I got this particular one from the local bike shop because it was the only one that actually fit my huge head, it is literally the largest size they sell. However, I guess its not the right 'shape' as its obviously wide on the sides. Strap adjustment doesn't seem to help. I was told once that different brands fit different head shapes...anyone know anything about this?

Try a helmet with an adjustable band in the back where you put it on then just squeeze it in until it's snug. And yes... you really shouldn't be riding with a helmet that's flopping around on your head like a whale in shallow waters.

photo of my big pimpin helmet after a downhill.... im sorry, but its too funny... and thats another reason i dont ride...i cant find a helmet that fits, my heads too small...

photo of my big pimpin helmet after a downhill.... im sorry, but its too funny... and thats another reason i dont ride...i cant find a helmet that fits, my heads too small... have either of you tried the VENUS by Giro, it's a womans model that comes in different sizes and adjustments as well.

Of the 3 helmets I've had, the best fitting one was also the cheapest. It's a Bell that I got for $25 or so at Wal-Mart. The local Wal-Mart had a surprisingly large selection for me to browse through.

I think my Giro probably fits me the worst.

My hubby's helmet use to do that, whenever it did we would say "bonjour". My current helmet has the adjustable strap in the back and that helps with my fit. You can get some foam strips with double stick tape and try that on the inside to get it to fit more snug.

I got this for more than half what I paid for 'big pimpin' and it fits like a glove 8)

should I be embarrassed that it takes something called 'atlas' to fit onto my giant heed?? I'm like an orange on a toothpick... :umno:

What the heck is that thing on the front? A spoiler?? 8O
Still looks like one step up from the tin-foil anti-alien control hat to me.....
No that I made fun of it...I gota go try one on....cuz I have a mellon head too... :(

Its a cattle guard. This is Texas you know.

The last time I was helmet shopping, I was told that the Bell models were best for someone with a more 'round' head shape and the Giro models were made for 'oval' shaped heads. I bought a Giro Venus and it fits like a glove. (The Bell also felt deeper or something.)

photo of my big pimpin helmet after a downhill.... im sorry, but its too funny... and thats another reason i dont ride...i cant find a helmet that fits, my heads too small... My helmet is a youth size, it fits my small head perfectly. :wiggle: