I am in a pretty good shape. I can outrun everyone I know. I was advised to enter the triathlon. There are some big and mean guys there and they mean business. I want to be ready for my first triathlon. Can you tell me how to improve triathlon swimming?

Congratulations on your competitive spirit. Triathlon is one of the, if not the hardest disciplines of all. It takes a lot of courage, strength, stamina and endurance to complete such a race. If you want to improve your swimming you have to work on your speed, distance and endurance. I suggest you start with the speed. Once you have the sufficient speed you can work on your endurance. After that you can start increasing the distance. In the end you will have all three of them. Just don’t try to improve all of them at once. Thus you will accomplish nothing. One thing at a time.