I want to buy a good bike and when I went to the store a salesperson asked me whether I wanted with double or triple chainring. I didn’t have what to say. Can you tell mw what the difference is and how to decide which one is good for recreational cycling? I have no idea whether my present bike is with double or triple chainring.

Well, I’ll explain you the way I’ve been explained. Triple chainring bikes are considered to have that extra, additional crankset that enables low gears so that you can climb a very steep hill more easily. So, basically, if you’re not a pro cyclist I’d warmly recommend you to buy this triple chainring bike, because why would you exhaust yourself when you’re climbing up hills when you can do it smoothly? Many people, especially men, don’t like triple chainring bikes because they consider that additional, helpful third crankset to be humiliation for their masculinity, I think that’s silly. Why not using all the equipment to make your cycling more comfortable? So, if you plan on trying real mountain biking, get yourself this non-masculine, triple chainring bike.