Hi! I’m 24 years girl. Since yesterday I started to feel real pain during urination. I supposed that’s urinary tract infection. I had it few months ago and I know what it is look like. But this morning I notice yellowish vaginal discharge. My mum said that it can be Trichomoniasis. I wondered can Trichomoniasis (Trichomonas) symptoms be mistaken for UTI.

Unfortunately, it can be easily mistaken for a UTI. Trichomoniasis can cause damage if you don’t treat it well. Because of that you need to go to doctor and he will do a colposcopy. I know that Trichomoniasis is relatively easy to treat because I had it last year. Good luck!

Although I believe that your mother thinks she has right when she diagnosed you with Trichomoniasis but unless she is a doctor you will need to see your doctor and do some urine analysis to determine whether you are having UTI again. This condition likes to reoccur if you haven’t finished your antibiotics like you should and even if you did and you have low immune system it can reoccur again.

After your doctor diagnoses what exactly is your diagnosis, Trichomoniasis or UTI, he will prescribe you therapy. Both conditions are easy to treat and symptoms which are uncomfortable are gone in a two or three days. Anyway consult your doctor about some prevention options in the future.