I'm 25 year old female and a terrible thing has happened to me. Just recently I have noticed that I have terrible green discharge coming out of my vagina.
You see, in all these years of my sexual life I have never had any genital infection so try to understand how frightened I was when I saw this. Beside the discharge I have also experienced mild itching and abdominal pain. My mother’s best friend told me that she had the exact symptoms and that she was diagnosed with some STD called trichomoniasis 20 years ago. Could it be that I've developed this condition?

Well, almost all STD’s have some common symptoms that they share. Vaginal itching, abdominal pain and strange discharge could definitely be a sign of at least 10 different sexually transmitted diseases.
Anyway, trichomoniasis is definitely one of them. It is caused by one parasite called Trichomonas vaginalis!
But before you start thinking about it-I suggest you to contact your gynecologist. He will do a smear test and determine the presence of these parasites because culture for trichomonas is important in the diagnosis. Doctor often prescribed either topical cream or single dose of medications that should be taken orally. There shouldn’t be any complications if you contact your gynecologist soon!