hello,
my best friend has recently started taking trimspa. i am very worried about her because she seems to be blinded and thinks that it is all natural supplements and that it cannot hurt her. she has been diagnosed with lymphodema and has had some very serious problems with her liver from birth control. is trim spa as bad for her as i think it is or am i just being paranoid?

Considering your friend has serious health problems, I think she should discuss consuming this product with her doctor. They should go through ingredients in this weigh-loss product and check them separately to see if any of these could have an impact on your friend’s current medical condition.

In order to help you out, here is a list of Trimspa ingredients:

Trimspa contains

1. green tea extract, which contains, which is metabolized by liver and excreted by urine.

2. glucomannan is called a revolutionary fiber, and is derived from the konjac plant. It is said that this fiber gives a feeling of fullness in the stomach, suppressing appetite. Taking this fiber with other foods, it lowers their glycemic index.

3. cocoa extract, makes you feel good because it boosts excessive serotonin levels in your brain.

4. hoodia gordonii cactus, said to be effective as weight loss in high doses, however the doses in Trimspa are small. I heard that they made another weight loss product from this ingridinet called hoodia gordonii

5. sodium carboxymethylcellulose-another fiber.

6. glucosamine HCL lowers glycemic index of whatever carbohydrates you may have eaten.

7. minerals chromium and vanadium that are present in small amounts. It is said they control blood sugar and prevent formation of excess body fat following meals.

Trimpsa comes in tablets and an important question is how many tablets is your friend planning to take and what amount of these ingredients she is going to receive.

I can’t say what effects these ingredients may have on liver and lymphedema but I am certain her doctor can, so make sure she talks to the doc first.

In case your friend decides to take the pills anyway, tell her to drink enough water because of the high presence of fibers that expand in your stomach, and may clump without water in stomach and small intestine and could lead to small intestine blockage.