Good day good people. I need one suggestion. I was planning to buy Pedigre dentastix for my dog. I like the commercial on local television and I was thinking that this is going to be a new favorite treat for my dog.

But some people told me that I should not give it to my dog because it can cause liver issues. Never heard of it! I never heard that dentastix can cause liver issue and damage.  What do you know about this? Have you ever heard any complaints about this? Help me to decide what the best is for my friend.

Hey there.

Well, I have heard a lot of complaints about it. I know that generally people are not so satisfied with this product. It has some really bad ingredients that can cause some damages in your dog.

My friend was feeding her dogs with denta stix and I remember that one day she was very angry. She started to scream that not one more of them will pass the lips of her Brandon.

She was furious because she found out that this is not healthy at all.

I don’t know about liver damages, but it is possible.

Stay away from them. That is my choice.

Hello. I have to admit that I don’t know any case of liver damage but everything is possible. My dog never tried Dentastix. I remember that my godfather told me once that I should avoid it if I want my dog to be perfectly healthy. He told me that one day, when he was at the vacation he took a small bag to of Dentastix to feed his dog just until he buys normal food for him. His dog ate everything from this bag and he had diarrhea, he was sick and very soon he was hungry again. I think that reviews for Dentastix are not so good and that is why you need to be careful.

Hey guys,

Dog Whisperer, dentastix aren't made for feeding your dog. They can't be used instead of a meal, they are just treats and are thought to be good for your dog's teeth.

Well, if you ask me, they aren't any good and not a single vet who knows his job isn't going to recommend these to you. I don't know about liver problems, but I know that these stix contain rice flour which causes bowel distress and can even lead to diabetes in dogs. The only good ingredient in these stix is the calcium carbonate and that's it.

I don't recommend giving them to your dog.

Hey everyone,

I've heard a lot of people complaining about these dentastix. I don't know what can they cause and why is everybody complaining, but I have been advised not to give them to my Dalmatians. 

I was with my Dalmatians in the park a few months ago and I was giving these stix to them when another dog owner approached me and asked if I knew that they are bad for my dog's health. I remember that he told me about some diseases which can be caused by these stix although I can't remember which ones these were.

I wouldn't recommend these stix either.

Hey friends. Thank you for your answers. I went to the store and I bought Dentastix for my dog :/ I don’t know why but he was so excited when he saw them. I still didn’t gave him to eat them and I don’t know should I do this now when I read all your comments. One of my friends told me that those treats can cause liver damage, some other friends told me that it can cause some serious health issues for my dog and some of them told me that they are giving them regularly to their dogs and that nothing is going bad with them. I just can’t decide what to do….

I never actually heard someone complaining, but I guess that has a lot to do with the fact that I don’t know many pet owners who use this product. But I read tons of negative reviews and I know that it contains some ingredients that are not good. First of all it contains glycerin (bad for dogs) and it also contains Rice flour which is a cheap filler that can cause diabetes.

I am not sure if any of the ingredients can cause liver damage, but I wouldn’t recommend you to use it.

I would never give it to my dog.

My sister used this product and yes it is harmful for your dog’s health.

Luckily it didn’t harm her dog because at first, he didn’t really like it and he refused to even try it. This lasted for 2-3 days and then he changed his mind and started to eat them. But my sister overheard some bad things about it in the meanwhile and then she did a little research and decided not to give this to him anymore.

So my advice for you would definitely be- don’t give that to him if you don’t want to mess up his health.

My mum's dog got it stuck in her throat she had to force it out ,, poor soul couldn't breathe

This is a very tough question- I have 4 dogs and one of them suddenly had her liver enzymes go through the roof. We tried everything including prescription meds but the number continued to rise.
In talking to the vet my wife mentioned that we give them dentastix every night as a treat. The Vet immediately said- do not give her anymore of the dentastix. We took her totally off the for a month and when she was retested, her liver numbers were back where they were supposed to be.

Gave my 6 pound dog diarrhea

I started giving this to my dog and it is immediately started having severe diarrhea

My dog s**t around my pool table after only eating one of these things!

I bought these for my dogs, my one dog hasn't had any symptoms, but my other dog, she has had diarrhea all night, and I have been cleaning my room for 10 minutes already. Poor thing, it didn't occur to until now, it was from the dentastixs. It was a treat, it wasn't a meal for her either.

My dog had one every day for years, but a new batch gave hime severe diarrhea. $300 at the vet got him back to his normal diet. I gave him another Denta-stix and he had severe diarrhea again. They refunded me the cost of the treats! I kept the check and the treats for independent testing. I don't trust them!