I am planning on a tummy tuck in the near future. I don't have a date yet, but I have been doing some reasearch, and I hear a lot of women and ps recommending the use of a recliner in the early recovery stages.

Can anyone recommend what type of recliner, and if there is a place in the new york metro area where they can be rented. I don't have the space for one long term in my apartment.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I don't have advice on what kind of pillow, but I do know that using two pillows behind the back and one under the knees will be helpful, as this will reduce or eliminate back pain that can come with sleeping in a recliner for a couple of nights.

Did you have the tummy tuck yet? If so, how was your recovery time? I am having one with a hysteroctomy in two weeks, any advice would be appreciated

I am 3 weeks post op and I had my surgery done in Argentina, so I spent 5 nights in a hotel after my surgery, and 28 hours on a plane.
In my hotel I slept sideways on the couch proped up in a lounging position with pillows under my legs, It was the easiest way to get up, because I had my muscle wall repaired and could not use my abs at all, I had to use my arm strength to lift myself.

when I got home I slept in my moms adjustable bed, still with pillows under my knees for a week and now I am in hubbies massage chair which I canmadjust electronically, if it was a manual adjust there would be NO WAY that I could lay it back or adjust it.

If you don't have a chair, I would suggest sleeping on your couch, or I have a friend that slept in a deck lounge chair, which she said was very comfy.
Hope this helps.

I just had many pillows on my couch, worked great.