I had a tummy tuck done 7 months ago and just found out I'm 6 weeks pregnant. Was wondering if anyone has gone through a pregnancy after tummy tuck. I have heard many mixed thing about the prgnancy such as premature birth. Thanks!!!

that's not true. You shouldn't be in any extra pain after having a tuck once it's healed. I had a tummy tuck after my 4th child. Then I had an IUD, but it had to be removed because it had flipped up and caused alot of bleeding, etc. ANYWAY I became pregnant a month after it was removed before I was to go in for a Depo shot. I didn't experiene any unusual pain or any difference at all. Now, it's probably a case by case thing and no one knows what will exactly happen with you. But, you're already pregnant and there's no help in scaring someone to death with something that isn't even a fact! Now, that said I did get a few extra stretch marks going horizontally on my lower abdomen, and I've since had my tubes tied and another tummy tuck! Good luck, you should be fine.

i dont know anything about your question but i was wondering if you could tell me how much the tummy tuck cost?thank u

I had a tummy tuck and breast augmentation last December, so it has been about 7 months, almost 8 and my husband just informed me that he would like to have another baby. We only have 1 daughter. When I had the surgery we were both on the same page, but not he as strayed?? I read about you getting pregnant at 7 months post-op. Is there any advise you could lend about how the pregnancy was and how your body was after the pregnancy??? Thanks, I am desperate.

I had a tummy tuck after I had my twin boys, and now I am pregnant again. I am 33 weeks now and I have had a lot of pain, and can feel my muscles ripping and streching. Everyone is different. Just like some women get stretch marks and some don't. My doctor is also thinking that I will go into labor sooner, because of the tummy tuck, there isn't much skin to stretch and my belly is hard as a rock (because the skin is so tight) So my dr. said being that my belly can't grow anymore, then my uterus won't either. Which will cause my uterus to contract and I will go into labor. But like I said.. everyone is different.

I had a tummy tuck after my twin boys, (which are two now) and am pregnant again. I am 33 weeks, and have felt pain in my lower abdomen from the muscles ripping and stretching since about 20 weeks. My dr. also said that it's possible that I can go into labor early. Reason being: because of my tummy tuck, there now isn't much skin to stretch.. and that won't allow my uterus to grow cause my belly isn't growing. So my uterus will start to contract and I will go into labor. Everyone is different. Just like some women get stretch marks and some don't. Some women get morning sickness and some don't. I had really bad morning sickness with my daughter. The twins, I didn't have any, and with this one...none! and this one is a girl too. So you pretty much just have to go through it and see what happens.

So, since you have had the tummy tuck after your twins and got pregnant, did you get stretch marks way worse since you didn't have as much skin? Would you recommend/not recommend getting pregnant after the tummy tuck? Besides the joyful out come.

whoever had the doctor who said they'd go into labor early because their skin wouldn't stretch needs to change doctors. I had a tt after my 5th child which looks GREAT but, i GOT it because my skin stretched. Skin is elastic as heck. There used to be a great site that had progressive photos of women who had pregnancies after, and some of them looked the exact same. One had to have her belly button re-done. When you see the photos of the babies, you realize it's worth it. The tt won't stop me... if I need another tt, I'll get one.

I have never posted on one of these sites, but I am in a difficult situation. I have read all of your postings in regards to pregancy after TT, however my situation is a little different as I got pregnant the day of my surgery so my surgery is only 3 weeks old. Does anyone have any advice. I have 4 kids already, two of them being 9 month old twins. We were done. A family of five seems like a lot and I just spent 20K for the tt and augmentation. So, I was wondering with the fact that I am just out of surgery and not fully recovered if I would be in more risk. Please help.

How are you doing now? What have you found out about the risks and your recovery from surgery and pregnant at the same time? Will you get another TT after the birth? I hope all is well.
Christine

Everyone is very different. I had a tummy tuck in Sept 06'. Right now Im 23 weeks preg. My doctor says my only worry is the scar tissue. Im going to have a c-section like my previous two and with that being the 4th incision, thats his main concern. Otherwise, Im watching my weight, Ive only gained 3lbs and the only weirdness is the tight filling around the incision.Otherwise it is completely safe, and if I need to have a touch up to the tuck, so be it. Baby is growing great, my belly is poking out, but I havent gotten any new stretch marks! I make sure to lotion up daily. You'll be fine, Just take it easy and listen to your doc!

well thanks for the post, i have a 15 yr girl and 8 yrs later i had twin girls now 7. when the were 5 i had a tummy tuck, results were about what i expected, the surgery fine, but now i just found out I'm 7 weeks pregnate and scared, wha will happen to the baby? wil this HURT me, not being vien but scared of what will happen to my tummy, will i rip apart inside and be in pain all 9 mths ??? not sure what to expect or think. only 7 weeks and along way to go. Someone has to be going through this too.... i want to be excited and enjoy this one cuz its my LAST... anyone??

Okay, I have a best friend going through the exact same thing except she is about 2.5 months out of surgery and 6-7 weeks pregnant. She got pregnant 4 weeks after surgery. I saw the post about the other lady who just got pregnant the day of her surgery, (not sure how that happened since she should have been in the operating room at like 6am, but I guess some people are freaky.) Anyway, her plastic surgeon is telling her it is very dangerous for her and she will be in excruciating pain and she will probably be on bed rest after like 4 mos. and it could possibly cause problems to the baby and so on and so on. He is basically telling her she should have an abortion. He also confered w/ a gyno who supposedly said all of this. Does anyone have any thoughts? It seems as if there are other women out there who have gone through this and there has been some pain, but everything came out okay. Please reply if you know of a similar situation.

I am 3 weeks post op, not pregnant but feeling great! My plastic surgeon told me aware before surgery that if pregnancy occurred, it would be like any other pregnancy - not that all pregnancies are the same anyhow. A slight touch up my be necessary :-D

I have just found out I am 2 weeks gone I had my tummy tuck and boob job just shy of 2 years ago. I waited 8 yrs to have it done figuring I wouldn't be having another baby!! I have been told it is possible its just that I may be left with loose skin and a bad scar. Ive lived with a body I hated for 8 yrs am finally pleased with what I see and now hit with an unexpected pregnancy, my son was 9lb 4 so I am worried about being in pain as when I gain a few pouds my stomache feels tight!!