Hello! I am 32 old female, employed, and healthy. I have been on diets all my life. I have never been fat, but always a little bit overweight. My biggest problem was always the abdomen. Whenever I would lose weight, I wouldn’t be satisfied because the abdomen would always spoil everything and I could never hide it. After a lot of thinking, I concluded it’s high time I put a stop to it, and decided to go for a tummy tuck surgery. Now, what I would like to know is what happens after the surgery.

Hi there! I had just the same problem when I decided to put myself under a knife. The operation was done under general anaesthetic, and I was asleep the whole time. I wasn’t able to drink or eat anything before the surgery. When I woke, everything was over. Oh, I forgot to say I had liposuction as well at the same operation. I had 2 scars, around the tummy button, and along the bikini line. When I woke up I had those drips in my arms for fluids and drainage tubes. I had to do some breathing exercises to reduce the risk of developing a chest infection. Stitches from the skin were removed in seven days and deeper stitches closing the operation site were taken out three weeks after the surgery. During a recovery time, be careful not to strain or stretch the operation site as this will increase fluid accumulation and reduce healing. When you fell up to it, you should start walking each day a little bit. I was wearing an elastic garment to help me reduce the swelling. I returned to work 4 weeks time. What you have to know about this procedure is that it is not forever lasting. If you continue with the old life still of overeating and are not careful, you may find yourself right where you started from. Good luck!