hiya, i wonder if anyone could give some advise because i'm started to get a bit worried now...about 7 months ago i a tummy tuck with musle repair and Lipo to the love handles. Everything went really well.
Over the xmas period i put on 4lbs which i lost 3lbs almost there. The main problem is the my right thigh is bigger than the left, i can really notice the difference in my Jeans and all trouser's really. I went to see my surgeon and he said he didnt touch my thighs and its not related to my tummy tuck at all( he didnt really help). Its cant be the 1lb that i have left to lose, if it weight or swelling then it would effect the other leg as well?
Has this happening to anyone before? Any advice anybody?

I had the same procedure that you did 6 months ago...i never had a problem with my thighs or butt and now they are fat, giggly and have cellulite that was never there before (unless you really squished my legs together) now its visable. I'm wondering if after lipo the other fat in the body shifts or may reocate...i have no idea but somethings weird is happening. If you end up with any answers please let me know and i will do the same.

Ro

Hi, I have the same issue with my thighs being bigger 6 months post tummy tuck with lipo to flanks and muscle plication. Everything went well with the surgery and scar looks great, but 3-4 months after the surgery, I started to notice I was getting bigger on the thighs.. My pre surgery jeans or trousers are snug on my thighs..esp my left thigh is almost 2 inches bigger than the left. Saw my PS a month ago re the issue and he said, the scar isn't porous enough to move the fluid. I've tried 3 sessions of lymphatic drainage massages with zero effect. The cost of these massages are expensive so I've decided to not get them done.
I'm following a healthy lifestyle/diet plan... Minimal sodium, no caffeine or alcohol, cutting down on carbs..etc.
This week I started jogging/walking on treadmill and elliptical for 1 hour with toning exercises..and of course the abdomen swells up...ughh :(
I've exhausted myself looking for answers re the swelling of thighs months after tummy tuck..but not much information is available. Felt better when I saw your post.. I hope you are all healed and loving your results.
Cheers!

Hi Rosie, I just read your post n I have sane issue going on with my thighs after tummy tuck. I feel after just about 14 weeks post open, my thighs appear like there is more visible cellulite than uhh ever had even before surgery. I asked the surgeon if it is possible and he said no tummy tuck doesn't give you more cellulite. Somehow I just don't believe I'm.getting an accurate answer. Dud you ever find anything out about this? I still have swelling so maybe this is part if it? I still can't fit in all my shorts n pants before the surgery. I'm very frustrated! I see surgeon in a few days n hope I'll get some answers but I doubt it. Please share any info you found out so I can hope for things to get better. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Hi, I just found this thread, interestingly enough I'm 6 months post op, my pants still don't fit, depressing much... can you give me some feedback as to how long were you like this for and what to expect in the future? Were you able to return to normal?