I am 16 months post op from full tummy tuck, muscle repair, lipo, and breast reduction. I am swollen on the upper part of my abdomen. I look pregnant just carrying very high. My ps told my mom immediately following my 8 hour surgery that the lipo wasn't getting the results he wanted so he had to reach in and scoop with his hands. This was done on the upper region of my abdomen. Is this a normal practice? I suffered a staph infection and many complications. Still had open areas 6 months post op. I had last jp drain removed at 9 weeks. At 9 months seen my ps and he said swelling wasn't fluid built up. I am still unable to exercise or even walk for very long without having excessive swelling. His advice was to lose weight. I feel insulted. There is lots of pain and discomfort. I do not feel comfortable returning to this ps. Anyone have ideas?

Hello are you still swollen from your recent procedure? Because I had mine Done 6 weeks ago and I hardly have any swelling so I see why you Are concerned. Did you wear your support garment for atleast 2 months. Because you should not have these types of complication at this stage.

1 week after a tummy tuck i fell abdomen swelled up went back to dr.said it was ok ,this is the 4th week my incisions are still open my right side has so much pain i cannot stand i am concerned about staph infection please help

I have had a tummy tuck and had no problems with it. Maybe you should find out if your doctor did something wrong, or maybe that the way your body just acts!!

I hope that you still check this website. I had a tummy tuck and breast reduction as well as lipo. As like you I had and still have the same problems. I am 20 months postop and I am 26 pounds heavier. Shortly after my surgery The tissue started to die and turn black, then my insisions started opening. I spend 5 weeks in the hospital and 14 surgial debridements. It took 7 months to completely close and I thought finally its over. There is so much nerve damage in my breast as well as scar tissue from my neck to my pelvis.

I developed this lump near my belly button, it was as hard as a rock. Doctors could not find anything wrong. Then the swelling started as I used the muscles it seems as the swelling is worse, I look 9 months pregnant and it is as hard as a rock. The swelling is now in my arms, chest, legs and hands. The doctors said I was just gaining weight and maybe some peolpe are just ment to be heavy. It was not until he sent to physcial therapy to get me off his back. It was the therapist who found out what my problems was. BEcause of all the scar tissue I now have Lymphedema. The scar tissue is blocking the lymphe nodes from draining and I am swelling.

The sad part is I can not find anyone to help me ( doctor). After traveling to Chicago,Alabama and Charleston, I still have no answers for help.

If anyone here is dealing with this and found answers, please forward me the info as it is getting hard to deal with, it effects your life. I wish this on no one.

And for anyone reading this that is thinking about having this done, please think long and hard and check out your doctor carefully.

Thanks

I am with you. I had a tummy tuck and breast reduction almost a year ago and still have to wear
my compression brace almost every night to bed to reduce swelling. It happens every time I execise
or hold my 2 year old too much.
I am going in to have lymph drainage massage treatments as well as work on my scar tissue to reduce
adhesions (sp?) I notice that when ever I do a lot of massage on the scar it seems to get worse.
Did you find anything to help?

I just had a tummy tuck done April27th and I have this "fat roll" the doctor says it is swellling and i understand that my other question or thing that is bothering me is where as a few days ago when i touched it it was soft and now it feels like it is hard is that normal?

I hope that my suggestion here is not that very late. I just read this post. :$
Anyway, I am sorry to hear about the discomfort you have (or had) after some surgeries you underwent. I always suggest to my friends to get a very good doctor/surgeon for the operations. Have a thorough background check on the doctor by doing some research and gathering testimonials from previous patients of his/hers.
I hope you are doing well now.

OMG same problem here. I feel your pain. im 15 months post op and belly always swells every flippin day. it gets me so damn depressed. drives me crazy sometimes. Have you figured anything out about what can be done? 

i am still swelling very day and i am one year post op.  Has anyone found out why?

I have similiar problems, I had my surgery,which was a breast reduction, tummy tuck with lipo , this was done 2007 , breast reduction went well, but tummy tuck, went horrible. I also look like I' m 5 or 6 months pregnant, my stomach feels like a rock and after eating is even worse. I"m miserable.I don't know what to do but I found it interesting about the Lymphedema that you were told about. I will look into this and let you know if I found out more, thanks!

I had a tummy tuck 4 weeks ago my swellings is slowly going away . what doctors don't advise sometimes is the importants of taking your Vitamins specially Vitamin C i found that when i take it my swelling gets better but it come and goes.

Just hoping that your swelling has resolved so I can have some hope... Any help you can give will be great. I swell everyday.. But flat when I wake up in the morning.. How many inches do yours swell? Thank you for sharing.

Hi, I just read your blog. And this is the exact same thing that has happened to me. Did you find any help?

hi guys i just read this post. I am having my tummy tuck next month. One of the most important thing is to find the best doctor even if they are expensive. 

i am getting this done thru Marisa Lawrence in Atlanta. she is great. she just did my friends tummy tuck on Thursday and she is already moving about and her tummy looks great. and she is feeling great.

hope this helps.