Good evening,

I have been researching turbinate reduction and tonsil removal surgeries and post-op treatment. I am 32-years old and have had breathing issues and sleep apnea since I was a young child. In addition, I am a strep carrier (one who gets strep throats easily and often if not careful) as a teen and adult, my strep throats seem to develop into one or the other Pharyngitis, then Laryngitis, and Flarengitis. Of course, antibiotics and clear fluids (e.g. water, ginger ale, and chicken noodle soup), were God sent and help me have a speedy recovery when experiencing either inflammation. However, my breathing issues and sleep apnea has worsened over the years or not improved at all. I AM SCARED BUT READY TO BREATH AND SLEEP NORMALLY. Some of my research put me at ease and some has scared me sh*tless…lbvs. I am scheduled to have surgery 03/29/2012 although I can take the pain w/pain meds, but I PRAY I can breathe and talk.

PRAY FOR ME AS I WILL PRAY FOR YOU GUYS. GOD BLESS WITH A SPEEDY AND PAINLESS RECOVERY. :$

Health Advisor

Hi there, LeahNicole. 

I think that you shouldn't have any fears towards surgery. It will be quite helpful and you will be aware of that shortly after.

My ex-girlfriend also had similar issue. She was strep carrier and had laryngitis, weak immune system and mononucleosis. Most of them were solved by operation.

Spring and early summer are the best time for surgery, because air is more comfortable for breathing in that season (if you don't have any serious allergies).

I hope that everything will go as it should be, so keep us posted about your postoperative period.

I wish you luck!

Hi Lavar85 I appreciate your response of encouragement. Thank you, and I will keep you posted on my post-op process.

Have you done this surgery yet I just got out from having tonsils adenoids and turbinates reduce

Hello

Yes, I have the surgery come September 29 it will be six months. My doctor/surgeon who seems as though his priority is charging my $500.00 per visit therefore I stopped going until I can get the medical bills down oppose to them constantly piling up. However, I had to go to the ER because I was unaware I developed a sinus infections. The mucus from my nose and throat sealed, then hardened over my scabbing from surgery. I suffered significant throat pain, issues with breathing and then caught a sinus infection in which completely closed my nose. I was like this for two months because I did not know it. Almost 6 months later and I still have, hard scabbing/hardened mucous that is stuck in my nose. Although I believe we all heal differently, therefore you may have no issues. Good luck in your healing process.