hey!,

well after 5 years of sinus problems and an addiction to decongestant sprays i have been diagnosed with enlarged turbinates and scheduled in for turbinoplasty surgery this week.
i am looking forward to the results, being able to sleep through the night and not having to spray awful chemicals up my nose countless times a day.
the problem is that i am petrified!!!! not so much of the actual surgery but more about afterwards and not being able to breathe through my nose t all for which makes me panic. how long will that last?
can anyone give me any advice or tips on how i can get through this?

I had a septoplasty and turbinate reduction via coblation done 3 weeks ago. Tissues still healing, but much better than the first week. How are you doing?

glad to hear you are feeling good!
yes i had it done the sub mucosal resection way where they lift up the tssue and trim some of the bone away. i must say that it was pretty much problem free. almost straight afterwards i could breathe and although the doctor told me i would need 2 weeks off work afterwards i was pretty much ok after about 3 days. i cannot believe how positive the whole experience has been and can actually breathe without decongestant sprays! yay!!
how is your breathing now?

I had turbinate coblation done and it has literally changed my LIFE. I am only 1 week and a few days into it and I have been waking up every morning feeling refreshed and more energetic. I would recommend anyone to do the turbinate coblation. I know there is not much information out there but let me tell you guys what my symptoms were:

My body would actually go numb because I wasn't getting enough oxygen.. I thought something was wrong with my internally so I got an MRI, and also went to a pulmonary specialist. I even felt like I was getting heart arrythmias because of the lack of oxygen. Now, I get NONE of those symptoms! Thank goodness for whoever made turbinate coblation possible :-)

Im scheduled to have Turbinate reduction and Balloon Sinuplasty done Wednesday and The Turbinate is making me very nervous, guess from reading some reviews that seem to have not come out good. Please tell me it will be worth it, Ive had surgery before but I hate the fact I wont be able to breath out my nose for a week also about the Dry nose syndrome ???