Hi. I`m 35 yo M and was diagnosed with fatty liver. My GP has ordered an ultrasound and it showed my enlarged liver. I`m not sure that I have fatty liver because I don`t feel any abdominal pain, only fatigue. I want to go somewhere else to check it out and wonder should I take a CT scan, liver biopsy or something like that?

Hi. Fatty liver can result in abdominal pain. I think it doesn`t mean that you don`t have a fatty liver if you are in no pain. It is possible for fatty liver to result in fatigue. You should also inquire about other causes of these symptoms. A normal ultrasound can show you the condition of your liver and a CT scan can be considered as well. A biopsy could also help (not necessary if the condition is already clear) and you should to a GI specialist. Anyway, medical experts say that ultrasound shows fatty liver best and single-energy CT quantifies fatty infiltration. Dual-energy CT is limited by poor sensitivity.