I am woman, 44 and have some symptoms of gallbladder attack. For the past week i had problems and pain in abdominal area while eating, also chest pain, vomiting once, but overall I feel sick when eating or after eating, I also feel pain in gallbladder area (sensitive on touch). I went to the doctor and did some test, which are supposed to be normal??? Is it possible test show nothing, while I have gallbladder problems?

Hmm...
This sounds really strange to me?
What did doctor say? You are all right- test show nothing??!! Go there again!!! If I had my insurance covered, I would.
Maybe you should try changing your diet. Eat no fat food! Maybe this will help.

I am a twenty nine year old female and have been having severe attacks that last about 6 hrs. The pain is below the breastline just below the sternum. I dont eat fatty foods and have experienced six attacks in the past three months. The last one included severe vomitting. I have had an ultrasound and an upper GI both test have come back negative. My dr. put me on pirlosec for a month and it seemed to help but due to other conditions i cannot take it for long periods of time. About a week after being off prilosec the attacks came back. It just ban aided whatever is going on. The attacks are sudden and do not come every day. Im lost and worried.

I was just hospitalized with the same symtops.
I am 33 weeks pregnant and was having Gallbladder attacks at 29 weeks. I had blood tests and ultra sound... both showed normal.

This past week the pain went from my gallbladder to the pancreas. (Breast line/sternum) It was very painful. Went to the ER. Took blood test (CBC) and found that my enzymes in my pancreas were nearly double what they should be.

Had another ultra sound of gallbladder, liver, pancreas... still normal.
After 24 hours of not eating, the enzymes went down.

Dr thinks although there are not stones, there can be sludge and the sludge went down the bile duct to the pancreas and casued a pancreatic attack.

Low fat diet is all they recommend and hopefully the problem will reside after delivery.

Hello, I am 37 and I have been suffering from similar symptoms for 7 years... nausea, bloating, pain after eating, headaches, dizzyness, fatigue, weight gain. Over the past 7 years I have had ALOT of bloodwork, indoscopy, colonoscopy, upper GI, lower GI, CT scan, I have had my gallbadder scanned 3 times, ultra sounds of my liver, pancrease, gallbladder, all tests were NORMAL, I thought I was going crazy, my poor husband putting up with me constantly being sick. 2 weeks ago I had a HIDA SCAN done, it checks the function of your gallbladder, liver and bile ducts, FINALLY I HAVE AN ANSWER, I have been diagnosed with BILIARY DYSKINESIA, which means I have gallbladder disease with NO STONES, my gallbladder only functions at 3%, and they don't know why. Hopefully after it is removed I will no longer suffer. If I hadn't had the HIDA SCAN done I would still be wondering if I was crazy..

Hi Landlocked, I hope you are looking.

I was finally diagnosed with 8% function of my gallbladder after 16 years of dealing with nausea, dizziness, indigestion, weight gain, low blood sugar, shaking, sweating,pain, fatigue, weakness, pain, just very sick!!

When it first started I gained 15 pounds in a month and was throwing up on myself while driving.

Finally a new Dr. which is my Dr. at Fibromyalgia and Fatigue Center, listened and did a hida scan.

I would like to know if you have had the surgery and if you are sick from it or doing much better? I have read the horrow stories, but then again I wonder just how sick those people were before the surgery and for how long? If for this long, diarrhea might be worth it.

I had same problems the ultrasound didn't show anything at all, so my doctor sent me for a hida scan test. It's a long hour test and it shows how the gallbladder is working. They hooked my up to an IV with a fluid that makes the gallbladder contract. This was the only test that showed that my gallbladder was loosing it's function. Hope this will be helpful to some of you.

Did you have surgery and did it help? What was your ejection fraction?

i AM HAVING SIMILAR PROBLEMS AND JUST WONDERING ABOUT THE HIDA SCAN. IS THIS WHERE THEY PUT HE DYE IN YOU. I HAD A FRIEND HAVE A BAD REACTION FROM THIS.

I had my gallbladder removed after several years of stomach pains which I thought for sure was an ulcer. My doctor did the hida scan and said my gallbladder wasn't working. I waited a year and then gave in hoping the stomach pains would be gone with the removal of my gallbladder.
No such luck I had my gallbladder out a month ago and have already had 4 really bad stomach aches that keep me from doing anything but laying in bed. I never eat spicy or fried food. I only drink a half a cup of coffee a day and I can't imagine why I would be in pain. It definitely did not help having my gallbladder out. It now seems worse. I have been looking on the internet which my Dr says I shouldn't and it seems like there are so many people with the same situation. Great! I have found a site that tells what you should and should not eat. I am going to try that this week. It says no dairy no eggs no wheat no the only fruit is grapes and avacado cold water fish organic grape juice celery and carrots sweet potatoe beets green beans and beets

i have had this problem for several years off and on, i also have had normal test results. when i was young a use to vomit nothing but green bile until i would dehydrate, and then be put in the hospital get all my fliuds back and i would be fine, have several years of this they found out
i had gangrein appendex which aslo showed normal, when they where removed i felt better, then after several more year, i have the stomach,pain chest pain, had my heart checked out, only to find i have a small artery disease and that i had a none functioning kidney, which ended up being removed, and i have had nothing but problems after that. I have
an adenoma on my adrenal gland, which monitors a lot in your system, but
i'm back to the gallbladder systems again, with all of pain. i have gone thru so many doctors just trying to get someone to listen to me, and to do
any thing, is close to impossible.

I have been suffering on and off with pain and burning sensatin in right upper stomach area
I have had a scan and they found that i had sludge in my gall bladder
What happens now and will the pain stop if i have my gallbladder removed? :'(

I have been struggling with GI issues since the second or third to the last week of this past December. It started with constant nausea and pain in the upper stomach, area close to the diaphragm. I was unable to eat anything without severe pain. I tried eating small meals ever couple of hours, but that didn't help much. I sometimes had to induce vomiting due to the severity of the nausea. No remedies helped--I tried Pepto Bismal, ginger, herbal anti-nausea, even one for morning sickness. Normally when I had stomach issues induced by stress from school one of those would normally solve the problem. In this case, I went to see someone at the clinic where I go to school just before it closed for break and the diagnosis was GERD or a possible ulcer. I didn't believe that and the symptoms hardly got any better. As soon as school started I went to the clinic again and the same GERD. Again, still no or minimal relief from anti-acids. It honestly didn't matter what I ate. I tried a low acid diet, even a wheat-free diet.

After the end of that prescription the beginning of mid January, I went back still experiencing the same pain but with a strange added pain in my right side. I originally attributed to a muscle strain or some symptom of mild constipation. At that time it would come and go for hours or days at a time. Mostly hurt with movement or bending over or sometimes after eating. She finally sent me to a GI specialist (an actual doctor since I had only been able to see a NP at the clinic). After my first visit explaining my symptoms he too thought GERD and did an endoscopy and ordered an ultrasound of the gallbladder just in case. Neither to any avail, only mild inflamation of the lining and negative for H. Pylori or Ciliac Disease. By this time the pain in my side was becoming more constant and severe. I went back and he ordered a CBC and a urine test to check for kidney stones. Still no idea what is going on. In the past few weeks I've had a CAT-scan and a HIDA-scan and they haven't shown anything either.

Two weeks ago the pain in my right side was so severe that I vomited 4 or 5 times in 3 days (either what little I was able to eat or drink or straight green bile). Now, however, the pain has subsided to coming and going--appearing sometimes when I move or bend over or after I eat. I'm honestly at a loss. We still don't know what is going on and I have been out of school for over a month (all of February and part of January). I'm very drained and emotionally upset. I want to know what is wrong and no one can give me an answer. Here is a more in depth list of symptoms (all of which to me sound like a gallbladder problem and yet nothing indicates that definitively):

Upset stomach
Nausea/Vomiting
Some excess belching with bitter taste
Loss of appetite/Weight (more than 15 pounds, and I was by no-means overweight before that)
Feeling of fullness/Never feeling hungry
Inability to have bowel movements (up to 7 or 8 days at a time and sort of pallid in color, I've had to frequently use laxitives)
Pain just below the right rib that radiates to the back (Sharp/Stabbing that comes and goes, at one time it was constant and severe)
Sometimes a dull ache behind right shoulder blade (not very often)
Sometimes a stiffness to my right elbow (I thought it was strained to all the times they poked me there for tests)
A low-grade fever off and on (anywhere from 99-100, only once 101, I normally run around 97.8 or low 98 something)
Feeling of chills or extremely hot
Headache above the right eye
Now some lower abdominal discomfort on the right side (not sure if that one is related)
Rare but present spasms in the stomach or area near the right ribs

I am a 23 year-old female with no possibility of being pregnant (I checked just in case it might of have been ectopic) and I'm almost certain it's not Hep-C because my husband and I are always safe and have had no other partners. I'm wondering if you can still have a gallbladder problem even if it doesn't show up on any test. Is there anything else it could be? I just want to know. I feel a little better than I used to and that concerns me. If it is a gallbladder problem, I don't want it to come back. I really can't deal with this anymore. I would also rather not go through any more tests and have them come back normal. At this point I'm worried it's all in my head and I've gone through all of this for nothing. I would like to know what anyone else has to say that I can ask my physician. I would hate for them to take it out and there be nothing wrong with it as well.

Thanks. All input is much appreciated.

I have had several tests down to find out what is wrong with me. I started with back pain and then over about 2 years my symptoms became worse. I started with intestional issues, severe indigestion, i get really tired and sometimes my joints just hurt every where. I have had laporscopy, a colonscopy, hida scan and ultrasound, 2 CTs and an endoscopy. I was told I had gastritis and non-specific intestional inflammation. I have had blood work to test just about everything under the sun and everything else came back normal, I try to eat a pretty healthy diet and exercise but sometimes I have no appetite or energy and have weight. My doctor thinks it may be my gall bladder even thought all the tests came back normal. I have spoke to someone to try to use a natural remedy because I am unsure of having surgery and them taking my gall bladder out and that not be the problem. I have been to several different doctors and feel the same like one person said that makes you feel like you are crazy, I mean something has to be wrong to feel this sick.

Hi. My 15 yr daughter has been having the same symptoms. She has had every test under the sun. It seems like most of the symptoms are gallbladder, but the tests keep coming back negative. She has now been told that she has dysautonomia. Her autonomic nervous system is not working properly. I am wondering if you have ever found anything out with your symptoms. With dysautonomia there is supposed to be an underlying reason for it. Thanks for any help.