About ten years ago had neg US for GB issues, prob passed a stone (horrible pain, clay colored stools). Now, ten years later, RUQ pain since March. Dull constant more or less, but v exacerbated by fatty foods. Lipase in upper 200s. Do not drink. US neg. CT negative. HIDA scan normal. If severe episode, have been to ER - last time they thought acute pancreatitis from sx. What to do? All other bloodwork nl. Am an RN, convinced it IS my GB! 60 yo F, otherwise nl/gd health, do have elev trigly, take Zocor. CT did show fatty liver infiltrates. Have appt with GI spec in Sept. No stomach/GI sx otherwise.

I am not sure what all the tests mean. I had gallbladder problems for a year or so before it was removed. I would get severe chest pain, like somebody was stabbing me beneath my right breast. The first time I went to the hospital for it they didn't run any tests or anything and merely dismissed it as acid reflux disease. I tried watching what I ate for a whole year and nothing helped, I would still get the stabbing pain.

A year later after a big Thanksgiving dinner I had the stabbing pain again, only way more severe, along with fever and chills. Went to the hospital again and they immediately gave me some demerol while they performed an ultrasound to find that my gallbladder was swollen twice the size it should have been and was full of stones.

If you're experiencing pains like that accompanied with nausea I would be concerned. Would your doctor be willing to humor you and perform an ultrasound?

Thanks, DID have an ultrasound, CAT scan, etc - sorry, I used a lot of abbreviatons, I am an RN, so used to medical lingo. My understanding (and from pts I have cared for who have had gallbladders removed),sometimes gallbladders without obvious stones or blockage do still cause symptoms. I have no idea what is going to happen. Obviously I need to see a GI specialist when I have the appt in September. Meanwhile am frustrated cos I have a new grandbaby coming mid September and feel needed to help with the other one....and this timing stinks!