Hey everyone.

My friend is very shy and she doesn’t want to be part of any forums and sites. I believe that this is just silly because everyone in here can help us. I mean, I got a lot of helpful advice and I am satisfied.

I have decided to ask something for her. Well, to cut long story short she needs to go to myocardial perfusion scan in three or four days. She has not idea what is going to happen during this scanning.

I was hoping that you can help me. What happens during a myocardial perfusion scan? Thank you!

Hey there. I believe that doctors will review your medical history and symptoms first. They will choose what is the most suitable method for your and this is what is going to happen -  a very small tube is placed into the vein in the arm.

They will review your medical history like I already told you and depending on it they can ask you to sit and pedal on the exercise bike for five or six minutes.

Why? Because at this stage a medication is given to prepare your heart for the scan and this medication can sometimes cause some side – effects such as shortness of breath for a couple of minutes. So, don’t worry.

This is a way that they will receive the radioactive tracer that allows doctors to take images of your heart.

It is not a complicated procedure.

Hey there.

I was reading about this once. There are a few things that are happening during this scan and I will try to explain some of them.

Technicians who are specially trained to perform the test in a hospital or clinic with special equipment will take care of you.

Those technician place a very small metal disks on your chests, arms and legs and those disks wires will hook up to a machine to record your ECG. The ECG keeps track of your heartbeat during your test and it is used to tell the camera when to take a picture.

I also do know that they need to monitor your blood pressure.

Hey everyone.

A very close friend of mine did this scan and she told me that everyone who are having problems with heart should do this. She was not sorry because doctors found out a lot of new things about her heart condition thanks to myocardial perfusion scan.

Well myocardial perfusion scanning helps doctors to diagnose coronary heart disease and during it a very small amount of tracer is injected into a vein in the arm, once while you are resting and once while you are exercise.

It is actually an amazing thing, it is very helpful and if the doctors tell you to do this, you should listen to them.