This is a fairly long 'essay' but would really appreciate an answer. Im a 20 year old female, fairly healthy, not unfit. A year ago I was having chest pains and an irregular heartbeat that I just put down to my stressful job, I went to the hospital, they did many tests but at the time my heart was fine because I was getting these pains and irregular beats mainly at night, so they prescribed me with some anti-inflamatory and sent me on my way. In the past 2 months the irregluar beats have come back, with the pains and now my left arm is almost every day in utter pain, sometimes my jugular vein hurts when my heart beats and a vein going from my chest to my left arm hurts too. I dont know if its related at all but recently when in a blood donor clinic they said I couldnt donate because I was slightly anemic I think my iron level was 10 something, so I went to a chemist and got some over the counter iron. I've been taking 14mg of iron a day for the past month or so. Again dont know if this is relevant. So I have a doctors appointment coming up, just wondering though to put my mind at ease before then, does anyone know whats going on? ? ? ?

Hey, ii basically have the same problem as you except i'm 19. I'm also anemic and my arm basically hurts everyday and i have shortness of breath; basically the same symptoms as you. This normally only happens as night as well. I was just wondering what happened when you went to the doctor??