Hi. I am 24 years old girl. I enjoy eating. However, I always feel ashamed when I eat. Like I am doing something wrong. I eat a lot, usually by night. And I always eat when I`m alone. I don`t won`t anybody to see me eat. Is that wrong? Do I have some sort of eating disorder?

Hi. I enjoy eating too. I too eat al lot and I eat alone. And I vomit after every meal. A friend of mine told me I have a bulimia. Now I feel like I don`t know what to do. She said all my problems are in my head, and that I should stop eating when I feel sad or depressed. So I have started to drink water whenever I feel depressed and have a fridge in my mind. I have noticed I drink a lot lately. Better then eating I guess. I am not sure if this is the right way. But I don`t want to kill my body day after day with all the food I eat. I am trying to eat less and to eat healthy food. This is not a problem. The problem is how to stop vomiting. Maybe I should start drinking water whenever I want to vomit?

Hello, I enjoy eating too. I do love to eat at home, because by now, I am 41, I do know what I like to eat. I do gaining wait... about a pound a year, so when I was 20 I was 120, now, you count... Now I see that I do need to do more exercise... I will do it. Do not throw up after eating you will mest up your teeth! I did it when I was young for a little bit and my anamel almost gone- not just look bad, but also give you a lot of sensitivity!.
So drink, but not sugar staff and no sodas.

There is nothing wrong if you like eating but if you overeat then this is a problem. It is better to seek advice before its too late.

Eating is one of the pleasures of life. I love eating. My family says that I am the one putting a dent on the family budget by eating a lot. I am just a little overweight (15-20 pounds).
I exercise and workout frequently and I have more muscles than fat. Muscles help me stay fit even if I eat more. Also I stay away from junk food and fast food as much as I can.
In my opinion eating healthy and exercising is the best way to become healthy and stay healthy. Go to a nutritionist and start going to the gym. Working out releases endorphins which make you happy, putting an end to depression.
I wish you luck.

I used to enjoy eating, until I developed food allergies to every major food group. Now everything is plain and boring. Enjoy your food, while you still can. Treat it as gold, enjoy it slowly, and savor it, you will get fuller quicker, and won't overeat.

Celebrity
:-( Sunshineangel, this must be horrible ... I mean having allergy to every food group ... Did doctors explain why did this happen? I mean all of a sudden you develop allergy to food....

Sadly, you can develop food allergies at any point in your life. Until up to the age of 35, I hadn't a food allergy in the world! Sigh...those were the good old days. I would LOVE A donut! Or A slice of Pizza!!! Or a Piece of Bread! ;-) You would think i'd be a size 2 by now, but having to give up so much food hasn't helped at all with my weight. In fact I was skinnier when I was able to eat! Nor has it made me healthier. So enjoy food my dear...food allergies can pop up, any time, anywhere. Some of my allergies are: Wheat, Dairy, Eggs, Mushrooms, Stringbeans, bananas, Oranges, Shrimp, Scallops, Lobster, Asparagus, etc.etc.etc. The problem is that Wheat, Dairy, and Eggs encompass 90 percent of the whole supermarket! So it is very annoying. All the other little allergies I can handle....But I do miss them all. (((Hugs)))

Sunshineangel, did your doctors say that there was a reason for some of the stuff that you're allergic to now? I know that someone can develop something like celiac disease or lactose intolerance but string beans? That's crazy! What did they say it is?

No Reason. It happens to alot of people, after eating them for so long, for as much as 30 years, you develop a food allergy to them. I can't eat peas either. Nor Mushrooms. My husband just found out he is allergic to cherries and kiwis. And for me, eating a banana, is like being near a dog. I can't breathe. I'm also allergic to latex. Basically, food allergies, suck.