Hi! I'm 5'3 about 234lbs. I've been having pain shooting through the left side of my body for about 16 months now. i went to see one doctor and he told me to lose weight. I've lost 40lbs and that didnt help. I got my records from that dr and got a 2nd opinon. The new gastro dr has run every test known to man on me. Not only do I have stomache pain it also causing me to vomit. Anyway, he seemed to think I was bulmic which I do not. People with bulmia make themselves vomit up after a binge I vomit without purging like they do. I have been over wieght pretty much my whole life and I dont have problem with it. Id like to lose to be alittle more healthy for my kids not for a smaller frame. Anyway if anyone has had these same symptoms I'd be grateful to speak with you. I'm currently on carafate and levbid to coat stomache and help with the spasms. Other symptoms include diarrhea, chills and lower abdominal pains when using bathroom ( not all time just sometimes).

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **

Im tired of being sick.. Please Help.

What about irritable bowel syndrome? I have it and have similar symptoms to yours although I don’t vomit. The problem with irritable bowel syndrome is that they diagnose you with it when they can’t find anything else to be wrong and when you don’t know the cause, there is no cure just maintaince and control and you work on relieving the symptoms.

Maybe a change in diet and loosing some more weight could help you with your symptoms. Specific food make IBS symptomatic and they include: milk products, chocolate, alcohol, caffeine, carbonated drinks, and fatty foods. Sometimes, just eating a large meal could make you experience trouble.
This bowel disorder is likely to happen to women than men, and I usually have the most severe problems during my periods. It must be those hormones again!!!
You could try avoiding these foods and see if you feel any better!

My son is having the same symptoms with no resolution in the medical field. Did you ever find the answer to your question?

i have a doughter who's been goning through the same thing,dr;s don;t know what to do.

I have the same problem I weigh about 130 around the same height I changed my diet I stop eating processed food and starting preparing all my meals and the pain has stop along with vomiting

my wife has the same symptoms. she had this two yrs ago and lasted for approximatly 20 days before passing. now she has it again. she has had all tests known to man and nothing showed up in any of these tests. her stay in the hospital when released was "unknown". again today all tests have come back negative. now going to take her to the med center in omaha,ne, and try again. about at wits end. wife is 75 yrs old. did thet ever solve your problem?

Have you had yourself checked for diverticulosis?