my problem isn't really a problem, i just want to know if throwing up after meals is bad for health, or bad for our body, I've heard a lot on TV about this disease, and i though why is it a disease, I've tried it like 5 times yet, and i'm really really fat, i do it only when i forget, and eat chocolate, or anything bad, my question is simply, is throwing up after meals bad for health, and why, what does it cause?
please answer me, and thank you so so much...

cheers to all

Hello there
Yes throwing up after meals is bad for you. Its known as bulimia. Theres a whole list of things that it can do. I just want to say that you dont have to be thin to have an eating disoder hun.

Ive had an eating disorder since i was 11 years old, im 19 now.
Please go and see a doctor about this hun it really could help.

yes that is a problem. Throwing up after meals is a disease and it can seriously cause harm to your body. Please go see a doctor and he can explain exactly what it can do and he can help you deal with your weight in a healthier way.

Throwing up after meals can negatively impact various systems and organs of the body including digestion, erosion/ulceration of the esophagus, oral health, and electrolyte imbalance leading to heart problems and cardiac arrest. It throws your body's natural chemistry and metabolism completely off and also leads to blood sugar imbalances causing one to crave more food followed by the desire to vommit more. I strongly urge anyone to stay away from making themselves throw up. It only makes things worse and doesn't help you out in the desire to lose weight.

hi there
ya throwing up after you eat is really bad for you and your body. i have had an eating disorder for 7 yrs i am 18. you should go talk to your doctor about it. it is not a way to lose weight. it not healthy or safe in any means. talking to your doctor or another person you trust might help you out

I did it for a very long time, about 3 yrs. unsure of what i was doing. I advise everyone who reads this to love yourself. Throwing up is nasty as well as nasty in your heart and will make you a very depressed person if you continue it. ? Its pitiful and one of the lowest standards in the book. It gets worse everytime you do it and you start to do it for indifferent reasons. Dont make your life as bad as it could be, it Messes up your life so bad. I feel like i will die if i continue and it will take a long time to recover if there is any recovery. There really is no reason and nothin to prove from it and no one thing of it is to be proud of.

My boyfriend keeps throwing up, not just after some meals, but randomly, i don't know what it is or how to prevent it. He wont go to the doctors as he says he feels fine before and after throwing up. i am getting worried as he has dropped weight dramatically and he is looking really skinny now. How can i help him.

Post Back

Thank-You

Summer

It is bad for your body,  i have been learning the wrong way. i have made myself throw up all before my sweet sixteen which was in june since memorial day weekend. now after my party i've been throwing up meals everyday with out making myself do so. i wish it would stop but it wont so i'd advise you to stop making yourself throw up and just go see a doctor about your weight not throw up.

I really want to throw up! I know its bad for you but its just i am overwirght and my dog just died and my grandpa died and my parents are divorised and  i havnt seen or talked to my dad in 6 months. What should i do? Plase write back! 

I really want to throw up! I know its bad for you but i am overwieght and my dog just died and my grandpa died and i havnt talked to my dad in 6 months. I tried today but it didnt work that well. What should i do please write back!

yea he might have a eating disorder you have to get him to a doctor

Quote:

anonymous wrote:

cheers to all

if you didnt wanna be fat then you shouldnt have eaten sooooo much and yes throwing up is bad for both your health and body but i still do it and i weigh 125=]

I guess, for someone posting such an ignorant reply, you would remain anonymous. Some people aren't fat just because they over eat. Some people are on medications that make them gain weight, some people have a very slow metabolism, and some people were brought up in poverty and couldn't afford to eat properly. There are many reasons why, including thyroid disease, that make people over weight. Don't be so ignorant.

Your seriously a horrible person to say that, go be cocky and arragont somewhere else. shes reaching out for HELP and you say shouldnt have eaten so much? you are the reason no teen age girls have any self esteem. grow the f**k up.

If you are making yourself throw up than yes, it is bad for your health as mentioned in previous post. Not directed to initial post, but to the person who said their grandparents just died, and parents divorced, ect. Stop being an attention seeker. You know better than to do it, and you shouldn't make excuses for your actions. Go exercise to reduce stress, which is proven to help!

On another note, I involuntarily throw up after having milk chocolate. I can eat dark chocolate with strawberries and be fine! I've always had issues with milk chocolate, when I was a child my parents would get me white chocolate for Easter instead of milk chocolate. I'm curious what might be the cause of this. Its nauseating to eat it, and then I have to go barf. Sometimes with other sweets, but rarely.

Thats sort of funny because i do it. been doing it for a week now. it helps me lose weight. i can stop whenever i want. i used to do it for 2 months and stopped. now i do it again cause im losing weight again. with that and exercising and eating 600 or less calories to lose weight quickly. now when i reach my weight goal i will stop doing it. i dont believe your unable to stop because if i can stop for a while and do it again? i have the ability to stop.