Hi, I have recently found out an existence of a disease that I never even heard of. It is called raynaud's disease. I know that it has something to do with blood circulation to the fingers and toes. However, I was wondering if you can tell me something more about it and if there is a severe form of raynaud's?

Hi, Raynaud's disease affects blood vessels of certain body parts. Usually, extremities like fingers and toes are influenced by it. It is characterized by constriction of the blood vessels which disables the blood to reach those body parts. As a result, fingers and toes become numb and, if the blood flow is totally stopped, turn white. These symptoms occur when a person is exposed to low temperatures or stressful situations. Raynaud's disease can be a disease of its own-primary Raynaud's and can have an underlying condition-secondary or Raynaud's phenomenon. The secondary Raynaud's is more complex and severe. Connective tissue disease is the most common reason for occurring of the secondary Raynaud's. This is a kind of severe Raynaud's disease. Severe Raynaud's can appear at people of a certain occupations such as the ones where a person is exposed to cold, vinyl-chloride and vibrations. The severe form of Raynaud's can even lead to gangrenes which are very difficult to treat.