Foot was resting on the bar of a chair for approx. one hour, got up to walk and thought I had stepped on something. A fairly large swelling below my third toe and bruised. I get this once a week on a finger if I have been holding something or grabbing a cupboard door - no real consistency! I am on .625 of Premain and 2 X100 mg of Prometrium, have blood pressure reading of 104/76 (taken by Periodontist 2 days ago), consistent reading for me, no health issues - tall and slim.

Hi:
I wish I could be more helpful, but I do not know what you are being treated for (the meds). You can consult with the packaging info that came with the meds. You can also consult with your local pharmacist who would definitely be able to tell you what to expect from the meds. That is his/her area of specialty. Could your symptoms be a reaction to the meds? Do you have a circulatory problem. This seems that it would be a side affect of a CS condition. I hope this has been somewhat helpful. Let us know.

IT sounds to me like you may be having a circulation issue. How long has this issue been happening? Has it only been since you've been taking the drugs, or is there anything new? As far as I can tell, this is an issue with circulation and the sooner you see a doctor about it, the better off you will be. I know that the random bruising is probably a little scary but it's not much to be concerned about. I'm sure that after you see a physician about this that you'll have a new course of treatment. Keep us posted!

Hi:
Do you have any answers to your condition? Was your blood pressure an issue? I'd like to know what you have learned since your post. Did the ideas in your post help you at all? Did your symptoms disappear or did you have to seek out treatment? If they disappeared, I still think that you should seek out answers. Please don't let this go unanswered. Please let me know what you decided to do and let me know how you are doing now. I look forward to hearing from you very soon.

I too have an issue with spontaneous bruising on the palm side of my fingers, generally in the upper middle segment. and, occasionally in a similar place on my big toe. I'm not on any medication and never get sick. However, this condition has been ongoing to some degree for about 20 years. Sometimes the finger bruising seems to coincide with carrying in groceries in the plastic bags. These brusies are hard and very uncomfortable. Running warm water (not cold) usually alleviates the hardness and discomfort. Other times one will pop up out of nowhere for no apparent reason. I also have a number of lypoma, but don't know if there is any relationship.
Any suggestions?

I also have exactly the same thing- in fact i found this post by typing in symptoms.
I once a couple of years ago had a similar thing on the bottom of my foot but over the past year in my fingers has become quite prevelent. I often (maybe once every week get a quite painful swelling and bruise on the palm side of my fingers- usually in the section nearest to my hand, but also sometimes in the muscles just below my thumb. I'm quite healthy and have no major health issues. I've always been prone to fainting but doctors and hospitals since i was little have always said there is nothing to worry about. Maybe it's bad circulation- but why would this cause swelling and bruising? ould be interesting to find out if anything antagonises it at all?
thanks in advance