Hey there,
I hope I am not the only one. I thought this will pass, but itching is still here. For the past month or so, I have extremely itchy fingers and toes. Has anybody any idea what this might be? Thanks in advance!!!

Hey there,
That could be many things, for example scabies- do you have a little rash? Then your problem could be connected to arthritis- do you have swellings? Do you have diabetes (skin is usually dry and itchy and can lead to breaking, sometimes even fungus between fingers occur). I have diabetes, so this is my problem. I think it is best for you to visit your physician, maybe run through some blood and body fluids test …
Best regards!!!

I thought I was the only one with this condition. My little differnt take on it is that only my thumbs itch ....and only on the knuckles....weird or what?

Could be athlete's foot, try anti-fungal cream or tea tree oil after washing the feet with soap and warm water. The itching on between the fingers and toes could be one of the symptoms of athlete's foot.

well, i have the same condition here, only, my index fingers r the only things that itch real bad

I have this problem too. For me it would usually fix it if I had a shower with very hot water and that would somehow stop my itching so I could at least get to sleep, although every time I hopped out of the shower my toes would appear more purplish blue than the usual red blotchyness they usually are from itching, but I don't care, it worked.

However, that doesn't work anymore and now I am itchy more often. My toes are red and blotchy. This is my first winter at our new house which is humongous with 26 rooms and was built about 150 years ago. I have NEVER EVER had this problem with itchy toes before, but all of a sudden I do. I am a 17 year old boy and I play the computer a lot, but I sit on a pillow. So I think that rules out a nerve being pinched.

Help?

I have this problem too! It's only been the last few months. Last night my fingers (mainly on my left had this time) were so itchy that it woke me up and I was scratching them for hours until they were so sore. I'm usually quite good with not scratching itchy bites and such but this itch is severe. The only thing that this has coincided with, I think, is me taking anti depressant medication. Next time I am at the drs I will ask her if this is a side effect, though I've read the side effects on the medication and it doesn't mention itching. The itching is mainly my fingers but also my toes and it spreads to my hands and wrists, feet and ankles, but not to the same extent as my toes and fingers. Very bizarre and very annoying!! Sorry I can't help. If I find something out at my drs I'll let you know.

Hi have had this for a few years and believe it is food related,as symtoms appear 2-3 hours after eating.I treat it with anti histamine pill which kills itching after 30-40 minutes.While waiting for pill to take affect use ice bag to cool areas that itch down.Seems to work quite well.

Don't forget about Polycythemia. Or too much iron or platelets in the system. All of these can cause severe itching, especially at night and after hot baths or showers. Ask your doctor to look in to this. Hope this info helps?! :-D

hi am 20 years old and am 28 weeks pregnant and ma toes and the top of my right foot as been so itchy av tryed E45 cream the load to help and nothing seems to help.. its been getting that bad iv been waking up throught the night with the pain n my toes because av scratched that much in my sleep.. i dont know what it is or whats making it so itchy can any1 help me??

thanks if u can

Hello everyone,

I've been reading the post and was hoping for some answers myself. I've been experiencing these symptoms an suffering from the same thing for about 17 years! I've seen several doctors to no avail..I've been to several allergist, as well. Once it was so bad that I was given antihistimine, a steroid shot and and another shot... I've been diagnosed with having angio-edema and urticaria and puritis...My throat swells, tongue swells, my fingers swell in an odd manner (usually 1 or 2), one or a couple of my toes become inflamed and itchy Of course we can't get to the bottom of why I have these things..I get hives also. .What works for me is antihistamine when the itching simply becomes unbearable. I take it primarily when I'm away from home, such as at work or just out and need not be irritated with the itching, etc...When I'm home I try not to take antihistamine, unless I just can't take it anymore.

I use a computer continuously, so it could be related to that. However, I'm beginning to think maybe my diet is not balanced (perhaps too acidic, rather than alkaline) as it should be. I also think I need to drink more water, eliminate more often, exercise and take better care of myself. Many of the foods that are available for us to eat are just not healthy. They taste great but have little nutritional value. I'm learning how to eat properly eat and am working on loosing weight. I'm about 20 pounds over weight...Once when I lost, I did not have this problem for a couple of years....Please, Please if you all find other successes with this issue, let me know.....

I am so glad to hear I am not the only person with this type of itching. Mine started shortly after I had a hysterectomy. There is not a rash but when it first started it happened between my thumb and forefinger but closer to the back of my hand, not so much in the web. I scratched so much that it caused tiny water filled blisters so I rubbed instead of scratched. When the itching stopped they scabbed over. I too have blue feet when I get out of the shower and my toes will itch. I am anti-depressants but when I explain it to the pharmacist he says itching is not one of the side effects. If there is an answer PLEASE share.

yeah only my left hand middle finger itches. Also my right hand ring finger and pinky finger itches.. what's up!

Hai friends. i too have this same problem .my toes are very itchy . i think its may cause of jst winter.becoz in this winter we always weare socks, n we always keep them wrm so that our finger tips gonna be dry n fter that starts itching.so dont let them dry.n always apply moisturising creams n gliserins. so that ur fingers gonna be very smooth.n avoid the itching

I don't know if this helps any of you, but a few months ago i had horrible itching all over, I would wake up and there would be blood blisters on my legs from where I had scratched them in my sleep. Doctors couldn't figure out what it was for awhile, but for some reason no one had really ran any lab work! It turned out I had a blockage in my main bile duct, and the bile was causing my skin to itch uncontrollably. By the time they figured out what had caused it, I was on the verge of liver failure and had to be hospitalized for 10 days.

If you have horrible itching, please go to the doctor (or even the ER) and have blood work done (demand it if you have to, remember you pay them...doctors work for you, you have every right to tell them they need to run tests!). Don't wait until it's too Late, I was lucky I lived; I don't want any of you to have to suffer through what i had to.