For the past few weeks I have had my fingers and thumbs peeling down to the first nuckle. At first it developed like a blister but had no liquid. I assumed at first that I must had scalded my hand with steam from cooking. But when the second hand developed the same symtoms and peeled I knew it was something different. Yesterday I woke up with the non-liquid blister (as if it had popped) on palms of my hands. And today a large section on my big toe. No one seems to know what it is. Dr. think I must have slightly burn my hands ...if this were true why no liquid (pus) and why on my toe now. Please help. I do know when I pull the dead skin off (like a blister) it heals with in a few days. But I need to know if this is a sign of something more serious going on in my body.

Did you ever figure out what happened? I ask because the same thing is going on with my 2 year old right now. It's as if her fingertips and toe tips are peeling right off. It looks like a blister popped and then sarted peeling her skin away. It started on her fingertips and now it is happening with her toes.

The same is happening to me. It hasn't reached my toes yet, but it's extending to my other hand, and I'm getting worried. The better half of my left palm and thumb have peeled, and the other fingers will soon catch up.

Any suggestions?

pretty much the same is happening to me, just the fingertips on each hand though.. but its slowly starting to make its way down each finger toward my palm. they dont hurt or anything just peeling away skin... did anyone figure out what the heck it is?

My daughter 9 has peeling fingers much similar to described by the others here. Its like tiny round pimples of white dead skin which then peel down the finger. I will be taking her to the doctor about this. Has any one had a diagnosis from a doctor. I wondered if it is something lacking in diet?

My two-year old daughter is experiencing the same dead skin problem on the tips of all of her toes. It can't be from her shoes because she has been in sandals for the past few months. Her fingertips and lips have always been unusually dry with a tendency to crack and bleed. This is the first issue we've had with her toes though. If anybody knows what this is, please let us know.

my fingers have just started blistering and now peeling. at first it was on my left thumb, and very quickly has spread to other fingers on both hands. just about all of my fingers are blistered and peeling and now the backs of my fingers are doing it, right underneath my fingernails. for now it is just on the pads of my fingers and backs of my fingers, as it has not yet spread to my feet yet. i have recently been put on 2 new medications, lamictal and requip so at first i thought that the blistering and peeling of my finger(s) was a side affect of one of the medicines. but from the research that ive done on both meds neither one have that side effect. the blisters are like bubbles, with no liquid. they do not start out small, as they cover almost the entire pad of my finger, but they do start out faint and hardly noticeable. then they become worse, spreading from the tip of my finger to the first bend of my finger and soon becoming a large blister (like i said w/ out liquid) and then popping. my finger then feels raw after it pops and sometimes continues to peel down my fingers. i am a 25 yr old female and have never had any problem like this before. so if anyone can give me an least some kind of idea, that would be incredibly appreciated.

MY 22 YR OLD SON HAS SIMILAR CONDITIONS OF RAW PEELING FINGER TIPS. HE HAS SEEN DERMITOLOGISTS ABOUT IT ,BUT NO ONE HAS HELPED YET. HE'S TAKEN ALL THEIR PRESCIPTIONS AND TOPICAL LOTIONS BUT NO POSITIVE RESULTS. HE IS VERY DISCOURAGED AS ARE WE (HIS PARENTS)ANY INPUT FROM OTHERS WOULD BE APPRECIATED
FF

My husband has the same blistering and peeling of his fingers and palms. This has been on and off for 2 years. Has your son taken any stomach medication for "acid reflux" ? My husband was taking Nexium and now he takes a generic brand called Omeprazole. Several websites mention this as being a side effect of the medication.

HI, I TOOK MY 6 YEAR OLD TO THE DOCTORS WITH THE EXACT SAME THING. SHE'S BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH HAND, FOOT AND MOUTH DISEASE. BLISTERS TO HANDS, FEET AND TONGUE. THERE IS NO MEDICINE TO CURE, JUST THE USUAL SOFTENING CREAMS FOR HANDS AND BONJELA FOR TONGUE X

I have been have this problem for over 2 years now.  Only on my feet, however it looks very severe, and can be uncomfortable.  I went to a Dermatologist about a year ago.  He told me that my feet were blistering & flaking like this because they were too moist..... from shoes, sweating, cheap socks, ect. ect.  I have changed all these things and still have this issue.  It seems to be getting worse, so if anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it.  Thank you.

you guys should search paronychia

I was diagnosed with Autoimmune disease many years ago. At one time they thought is was RA.  I get these blisters. So are very small, others (like on the pad of my thumb) are large. When the skin comes off, it is red and painful and red.  It almost always seems t happy on my thumbs.  It used to be worse when I was on Methotrexate. The doctor said it is a symptom of the autoimmune disease.  If I eat something that i am sensitive to like Tomato, potato, eggplant, peppers, banana avocado, kiwi or gluten...I get swelling in my joints as well. This is because the foods trigger the immune response as if I have eaten something bad. It just doesn't know when to shut off,

I cannot said that anyone has autoimmune disease, I am not a doctor... I am only sharing what is wrong with me. 

I have been researching this because my daughter is experiencing the same thing (2 years old)  She was diagnosed with Hand Foot and Mouth but it cleared up - then these blisters started with the peeling.  Other sites I have looked at had diagnoses of Strep as well as fungal infections.  Just thought I would share.

Might this be tinia pedis (athlete's foot) that has spread?