Hi, folks. I had some knee problems. I felt constant pain and at the end, I went to the doctor’s. I was diagnosed with chondromalacia and my doctor recommended me surgery. I would like to know if this procedure is dangerous before I accept it. I would really appreciate all your replies.

Hello to you too. Chondromalacia is a general expression for the softening of the cartilage in your knee. It is also known as femoral-patellar pain syndrome. I think that the more serious cases are indicated for surgery. The usual treatment is knee resting and painkillers. There are also specially designed exercises for your knee. You should insist on the details with your orthopedist and ask him why he insists on surgery. Is your state that serious? I hope everything will be all right. Good luck!

Hi, everyone. I have also heard that surgery is not the first option here. Maybe you should try fist conservative methods. Arthroscopy is not so dangerous method. This is a microsurgical method where a doctor places a arthroscope through your knee. This is a needle-thin device. Through this, devices are placed into the joint to remove the damaged cartilage fragments. I hope this will help. Insist on details and side effects of surgery procedures with your doctor. Good luck! Bye!