Good evening, folks. My son has been diagnosed with chondromalacia. I think that we should try with surgery instead of giving him painkillers. Before making the final decision, I would like to know what is done in this type of surgery. Can anyone help me with some info? I would appreciate it.

Hello, there. You should consult with your son’s doctor first. I think that surgery is indicated for more severe cases of chondromalacia. I have heard about arthroscopy. In this procedure, a doctor inserts arthroscope in one’s knee. This is needle-thin device. It has camera lens and light. With this instrument, a doctor manages to remove the damaged parts of cartilage. Please, let me know what you decide. Good luck!

Hi, everyone. I have heard about arthroscopy as well. It is indeed indicated for more severe cases. There is another type of surgery for even more severe cases. It is alignment. In this procedure, a surgeon realigns the kneecap angle. He can also relieve the pressure of the cartilage. I suggest you to consider well these options. If you need second opinion, don’t hesitate to ask it. Bye!